Samsung T5 or Samsung 850

Squanchy
Go to solution Solved by ZFGeek,
1 hour ago, Atreyix said:

But the portable drive has a type c to type c, If I'm not mistaken, isnt that comparable too sata?

Oh, yes, you are right, I overlooked that in the specs. So in that case, it probably is more what you prefer. Would you want to put the evo in your pc later, or do you just want to have the portable so you can use it wherever? 

Hey all,

So I'm looking to get a SSD to use on my ps4 pro mainly for now.. 

Looking at getting either a samsung t5 500gb(portable drive) or getting a 850 evo 500gb and getting a portable enclosure for it.

For now it would be used for the ps4. Later on may be used for my desktop.

Opinions on which to get? I can get either for 80 bucks exactly.

Thanks!

The 850 evo would be limited by the USB interface, especially if

it isn't 3.0, but if you plan on using it in a pc later, it would definitely be more beneficial. The portable drive would always have the speed of USB, no matter what system you use it with.

28 minutes ago, ZFGeek said:

The 850 evo would be limited by the USB interface, especially if

it isn't 3.0, but if you plan on using it in a pc later, it would definitely be more beneficial. The portable drive would always have the speed of USB, no matter what system you use it with.

But the portable drive has a type c to type c, If I'm not mistaken, isnt that comparable too sata?

1 hour ago, Atreyix said:

Oh, yes, you are right, I overlooked that in the specs. So in that case, it probably is more what you prefer. Would you want to put the evo in your pc later, or do you just want to have the portable so you can use it wherever? 

The PS4 Pro only supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbit/s), the same as most SATA enclosures. There won't be any difference in speed. Do you want to use the drive for your desktop internally (850 EVO) or externally (T5)?

My boring Github   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\