Western Digital My Passport HDD connection problem

my cousin is having a problem with her portable hard drive where its been detected through device manager and Devices and Printers. but its completely not accessible from My Computer. 

need help because my cousin wants some data from it. 

hhd.PNG

Open disk management and see if it shows there. If so, try to assign it a drive letter by right clicking on the partition and select "change drive letter and paths..."

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Open disk management and see if it shows there. If so, try to assign it a drive letter by right clicking on the partition and select "change drive letter and paths..."

its doesn't show on the list window on the top, but its shows an "unknown" disk thats Not Initialized with 931.48GB Unallocated

If it is showing as "unallocated", then the disk has either been formatted, the "Volume" has been deleted or it needs to be initialised.

Have you tried to initialise the disk through the Computer Management console?

Question: What OS  does your cousin use Mac? Linux? Windows?

Instructions ? WHAT?!?!?! A man don't need instructions!       Oh............wait a minute...........................What's this bit for?  aaaaaagh!!
Vita imitatur artem, imitantur vitae
Lenovo M73 10AXS38G00 i7 4785T 2.20GHz, 16GB Ram, WD Black2 1.2TB Dual Drive, W7 64bit Ultimate, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo M73 10AXS06G02 G3220T 2.6Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD, W7U, Stock DVD Optical
Lenovo T420 42369N8, i5 2520M 2.5/3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD (iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), 750GB WD HDD (W7 Ultimate) Dual Boot, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo L412 4403CT0, i5 520M, 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win7 Ultimate Stock DVD Optical.
Custom (re)Build Tower (WIP). Asus Prime B350 Plus Mobo, GTX 960 GPU, Custom MOD Watercooling, Gamemax Falcon Case (two windowed side panels), RGB fans, dual rad CPU loop with 240 & 280 Rads, 120 GPU Rad. RGB Fittings, RGB & BL case lighting. Custom acrylic internal shields/shrouds. Remainder TBD.

1 minute ago, iBangAPES said:

its doesn't show on the list window on the top, but its shows an "unknown" disk thats Not Initialized with 931.48GB Unallocated

Uh oh... You may want to try recovery software. It could have a corrupted partition or possible disk failure. There are a few tools you could try like recova (https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva) or testdisk (https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk)

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Hello iBangAPES,

If you initialize the drive from disk management you may be required to also format the unit. To initialize you need to right click in the grey area and then choose initialize, and the partition will get enabled but then you will need to right click that partition choose "Format". Needless to say that you will lose your data so you better don't do it without having a back up of your important files. Use Recuva as mentioned above by @Razor Blade or any other back up tool. Or test the drive in another computer and if it is ok on another machine the problem is only in your cousin's computer, maybe a drive problem so reinstalling USB drivers in those cases would be a good idea.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

8 hours ago, Grifterguru said:

If it is showing as "unallocated", then the disk has either been formatted, the "Volume" has been deleted or it needs to be initialised.

Have you tried to initialise the disk through the Computer Management console?

Question: What OS  does your cousin use Mac? Linux? Windows?

we both use windows

through computer management > disk management. though i didn't want to, i tried to initialized disk with MBR partition style. but it errors me with; 

Virtual Disk Manager
The request failed due  to a fatal device hardware error. 

im assuming its not software but hardware related

Check drive's health with Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and see what the results will be, it definitely sounds like a hardware problem. 

You can download the program from the WD software window here:https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL

You can run a quick test, or an extended test if you want,  the extended one may lead to data loss because if the DLG finds anything wrong it will try to fix it automatically.a

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming