Xbox one dead disk drive?

Lonewolf33651

I've gotten an xbox one and when you try to put a disk in it doesn't register that your trying to put a disk in. If you push the disk in manually, turn the gears inside to lock the disk in place, unplug the console, plug it back in and restart it it will read the disk and install/play games. If you hit the eject button it will eject it like normal. Is this a bad drive or something stupid I'm missing entirely

As soon as the disk is ejected it will not accept a new disk unless I force it in and manually turn the gears inside. It will not at any point pull the disk in by itself

On 8/31/2018 at 11:31 PM, Lonewolf33651 said:

As soon as the disk is ejected it will not accept a new disk unless I force it in and manually turn the gears inside. It will not at any point pull the disk in by itself

Obviously there's an issue with your drive. If under warranty, contact Microsoft for a repair.

If the warranty is expired, I would try to locate a replacement drive and swap it out.

You might only need the internal assembly of the drive, like this:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Game-Console/Xbox-One-Optical-Drive-Laser/IF294-057-1

But if you are unsure, getting an entire replacement drive would be ideal.

You will want to do a little bit of research before buying any parts though to see if there are any special considerations. Ifixit has a selection of parts here:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Game-Console/Xbox-One?display=list#

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)