steam sales

mc141

So now that steam sales are basicly over how did every one make out.

i spent about $80(mostly me) between me and my one son as the other isnt old enough to play any thing harder than lego batman and similar level games.

i got Trine 1 for 60p. thats all i got this year, it turns out i already own every game ever, thanks Gabe

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Boardlands 2 is 125% off right now.

I went and looked at steam immediately after reading this, needless to say I laughed my fucking ass off lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

other then kerbal space program I dont think I bought anything for over 4 bucks. I think I got about 5 games but no big names that I can think of. Also picked up a few things from the amazon sale, greenman gaming sale and gamers gate sales. Steam is still the best but pretty nice sales on several sites. 

I went and looked at steam immediately after reading this, needless to say I laughed my fucking ass off lol

In the state I live in they legally have to pay me $15 now. 

I ended up not buying anything but by selling snow globes and mark of the ninja trading cards plus a killing floor booster pack i made 4.43$ since the sale started lol

I bought some Borderlands 2 skins and Headhunter packs, Arkham Origins Season Pass (could come back to bite me in the ass.  The Rocksteady DLC for AC sucked and this isn't even Rocksteady...), The Walking Dead Season 2, Deadpool, The Expansion for Magic 2014, Injustice, Sanctum Map Pack 2, and State of Decay.

Additionally, since Steam sales spur other game sales I got Dragonborn DLC for $8, Contrast for $3, and Brothers for $4.50.

I also purchased Starbound since I love those kinds of games (and I'm currently travelling and it's a good laptop game).

All in all I spent around $100 this Xmas on my gaming habit on games I will probably never get around to playing.  :/

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

most of what i bought was 5-8 or less remember me and prototype 2 was the only expensive games and the you dont know jack pack was the only reason it looks like i bought more than i did. also the only app i got was display fusion that was dirt cheap one day and cuz slick made a vid about it and i liked what it did. finaly got 2 different wall papers and a custom login screen still tweaking it though

I haven't looked at it, but I hope it's under $100.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I think I spent maybe $50

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

I'm disappointed that they've effectively ended the sale early; many games are already back to full price even ones that were daily deals.

They're probably trying to discourage people waiting until the last day.

so does the developer loose a wack ton of money when steam sells there $40 game for $4.99

My list is still the same as in the other thread.

Don't Starve

The Witcher Enhanced

Witcher 2 Enhanced

Rage

Left 4 Dead 2 (but that was free so...)

World of Goo

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Dark Souls Prepare to Die

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

Bit.Trip Runner

I spent less than $5 on everything except Dragon Age Origins... as that was $7.45. Dark Souls was technically $5.09, but meh.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

so does the developer loose a wack ton of money when steam sells there $40 game for $4.99

What's their expense exactly? they might have lost a few sales at $40 but the amount of sales tenfolded from that kinda sale easily

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I have spent nothing. Nothing I want has gone on sale.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster