Downloads folder deleted when reinstalling windows with wipe everything option

Legindarie

Hi,

I was wondering if the Downloads folder will get deleted when you make a fresh start with windows 10 (recovery,freshstart,wipe everthing).

Does this folder appear in the windows.old folder?

I read that the windows.old folder will almost entirely get deleted after a month orso.

I can't acces the laptop right now but my sister called and she wants to know if she can somehow find the downloads folder.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Just don't Format your drive when installing Windows 10. Select your SSD/Hard Drive and just click Next/Install. After installation you will see a folder called Windows.old and it will have all of your personal files.

2 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

Just don't Format your drive when installing Windows 10. Select your SSD/Hard Drive and just click Next/Install. After installation you will see a folder called Windows.old and it will have all of your personal files.

Thanks for replying, but we did a fresh install and she was happy with a new fresh laptop. Now i am not at her place anymore and she wanted to make sure if the download folder got wiped and was not in the windows.old folder.

3 minutes ago, Legindarie said:

Thanks for replying, but we did a fresh install and she was happy with a new fresh laptop. Now i am not at her place anymore and she wanted to make sure if the download folder got wiped and was not in the windows.old folder.

C:\Windows.old\Users\USERNAME\Downloads

7 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

C:\Windows.old\Users\USERNAME\Downloads

Yeah i know where it is, my sister is a noob with pc so she doesnt want to do it.  My question is : Does the Downloads folder in the User folder get wiped with the wipe everything option?

1 minute ago, Legindarie said:

Yeah i know where it is, my sister is a noob with pc so she doesnt want to do it.  My question is : Does the Downloads folder in the User folder get wiped with the wipe everything option?

Yes

Just now, Od1sseas said:

Yes

Thanks, that is all i needed to know:D

@Legindarie

wipe everything -> does exactly what it says

its same as format the drive and restore back from iso

Recovery -> get back to a working version and restore what is broken

Fresh Start -> a Fresh start ... so back to a clean windows install but with out losing your files 

and for the windows.old folder , on my latop i got 4 of them and after 5 years they are still sitting there on my drive ( i still need to clean them up ) 

Greets From PowerChaos

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos