Thee Linus?

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

He has commented in many threads on this forum.

Moderators are not part of Linus Media Group, nor are we paid. They are appointed by the administrator team.

Hey guys jsut curious if any of you guys have ever seen the actual linus lol comment on posts here, or have had your post commented on by him. Also do you guys know if that moderators are part of linus's staff or are just appointed forum users. just generally curious (Also i am not openly disucssing moderation I am disucssing who the moderators are so this is not against CS

no the act of "moderation" which is listed in the rules 

I've never seen the real Linus, the Linus portrayed on YouTube is actually a stunt double. 

@RorzNZOMG! your right its a conspiracy man, I definitely didn't see that one coming but it sounds like its true man. I dont know anything anymore :SxD

It's actually the guy who wrote the LINUX kernel code.  

'LINUS' is just an acronym

LINUX. IMPLEMENTATION. NODE. UNIVERSAL. SYSTEM.

Kidding of course.

I have NEVER seen Linus post here, but there are posts by staff members and moderators frequently.  It's a good forum.

it all makes sense now, infact I think he may just be AI that intel and AMD invented to review there products for free!!!

lmg media is about 5 mins away from my house but I still never run into those guys.  I think itd be pretty rude to just go show up there... so I'll see them one of these days. they shop at the local memex so itll happen eventually

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

@AntiTrust weird coincidence your that close (not insulting you its just funny you are that close to the tech god haha) I dont live in canada so im not familar with memex been to good old canada quite a bit though as half of my relatives live there and I guess i have dual citizenship (since my mom was canadian) but yeah canada seems pretty chill other than the fact i dont know what people refrence on here when they talk about places in canada. I have familly in Kitimat B.C which i think is hours from vanocuver and edmonton, maybe some day i will go live there for a bit hahaha sorry i got side stract

11 minutes ago, YakityYak said:

Hey guys jsut curious if any of you guys have ever seen the actual linus lol comment on posts here, or have had your post commented on by him. Also do you guys know if that moderators are part of linus's staff or are just appointed forum users. just generally curious (Also i am not openly disucssing moderation I am disucssing who the moderators are so this is not against CS

This is the only post I have seen him make.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

@EPENEX do you know his displayanme like is it obvious its him or does he have some weird funky username like mine hahaha just curious cause i personally havent ever seen him on here 

@EPENEX nvmd about the username question it has inadverntly been answered by someone else on the thread lol

14 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

lmg media is about 5 mins away from my house but I still never run into those guys.  I think itd be pretty rude to just go show up there... so I'll see them one of these days. they shop at the local memex so itll happen eventually

i'm actually planning on a trip to Vancouver Soon'ish' i wish i could just go there and be like the little girl meeting Justin Bieber for the first time and being in AWE!!!! But seriously, i'd be you, i'd take a guess (if you're as much a fan as i am.) Just meeting the guys, bringing a 10 cups of timmies and maybe some donuts. Those guys must be busy, but at the same time, they might have like the best (or close to) the best working conditions so maybe a little 5 mins of chat might not hurt (except if they're hassled by guys like us all the time).

3 minutes ago, LaPiNN93 said:

i'm actually planning on a trip to Vancouver Soon'ish' i wish i could just go there and be like the little girl meeting Justin Bieber for the first time and being in AWE!!!! But seriously, i'd be you, i'd take a guess (if you're as much a fan as i am.) Just meeting the guys, bringing a 10 cups of timmies and maybe some donuts. Those guys must be busy, but at the same time, they might have like the best (or close to) the best working conditions so maybe a little 5 mins of chat might not hurt (except if they're hassled by guys like us all the time).

They actually have a sign on the door I believe requesting that fans not disturb them. Meeting them at LTX and other event designed for that purpose is the best route.

He has commented in many threads on this forum.

Moderators are not part of Linus Media Group, nor are we paid. They are appointed by the administrator team.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 hours ago, YakityYak said:

He does. You're much more likely to see him reply in floatplane as he seems to watch those topics. I enjoy telling him how I could do it better somehow and getting a reply. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

10 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

It's actually the guy who wrote the LINUX kernel code.  

'LINUS' is just an acronym

LINUX. IMPLEMENTATION. NODE. UNIVERSAL. SYSTEM.

Kidding of course.

I have NEVER seen Linus post here, but there are posts by staff members and moderators frequently.  It's a good forum.

He posts all the time. In the past he's said that he does read most new posts and replies to the ones that require his attention. 

it's time

5 minutes ago, RollTime said:

He posts all the time. In the past he's said that he does read most new posts and replies to the ones that require his attention.

That's just what the AI wants you to think but in reality it's just them further invading your brain man!!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I got to meet "Linus" at LTX but it turns out that it was just an inflatable dummy. I don't know if there is a real Linus. I think that there is the idea of there being a Linus similar to how many children believe there is a Santa Claus.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro