Capture Card Suggestion

Oshion

I'm looking for a capture card for my system but I'm a little lost on what I should get. I'm looking at Razer Ripsaw, but I also want do 4k but the ripsaw does not support it. So does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for anybody who suggest something.

Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro. Expensive at around 400. Needs spare Pcie slot.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Why do you need a capture card...

Is it for recording console?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why do you need a capture card...

Is it for recording console?

Well that being a future need for console gaming/streaming but no.

I want to try and get a better capture method v. software capture.

Edited by Oshion

4 minutes ago, Oshion said:

Well that being a future need for console gaming/streaming but no.

I want to try and get a better capture method v. software capture.

Software capture is perfectly fine...

There's no need to waste money on a capture card unless you need to use separate computers for tv broadcasting or live camera output and stuff like that.

If this is for streaming, literally nobody on twitch will notice any difference.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But would there be less stress on the CPU if i use a capture card instead of software?

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it captures 1080p 60, any capture is fine.  However, AVerMedia specifically has a lot of software issues, and they and Startech, probably some others, have issues with ASMedia USB controllers so if you have an ASUS board, probably not the best option.  From there, it's whether you want a box or a PCI card and whether you want to just stick to digital (HDMI and Component) signals, or if you want to go back to the past and do analogue as well.  Most people recommend Elgato and I'd have to agree after having my AVerMedia LGX stop working with Windows 10 1803 and not work since.  The problem is that if I'm trying to capture anything like my PS4 PRo via HDMI, I get the screen freezing every few seconds and changing resolution and frame rate does nothing.  PS2 at 480i works fine, though.  (Pcbyr option enabled for component support has to be used)