How and where did you learn to program?

Jeroen1322

Hi guys! :) 

I learned it from Codecademy.com and from a book and i was wondering how you learned it? 

Do you have any good website's to learn it

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I've been dipping into programming now and again for the past 2 years mostly java with android. I learned most of it from The New Boston on youtube and a few books.

Various programming courses in high school and some in my first years of university. Dabbled in Python, Turing, Java, Visual Basic.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Taught myself basic web development at home using YouTube and learned Java, C#. ASP.NET and Assembly programming at uni, although really most of the stuff they teach you is from a book anyway.

As someone said: I learned from the New Boston on youtube too. But I wouldn't recommend it because you can't specify how fast you want to learn it. Some people get the hang of things very fast and some don't. But the New Boston explains it very slow. 

I would recommend http://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm for the very basics of programming languages.  After you learnt the basics of a language search for tutorials for "real" projects and try to create them.

I am still studing at the HTC (Higher Technical College).

Before I attended this college I tried to learn some Java and basic HTML but it didn't work out that well.

Now I can program well in Java(with OOP in mind), C/C++, HTML, CSS and Java Script.

Next on the list are MySQL, Python, PHP, more Java/C/C++ and C# :)

And just a hint, I got everything documented from the first year at my college to help the community.

It should be very easy to understand BUT it's mostly written in German... However, it should be no problem to Translate it into any other language you like:

http://chif12.jimdo.com/klassen-internes/pos-programmieren/java-2012/

Of course, it is completly normal to have a GPU at 90°c all the time <_< 

Java, Sysadmin, Network Engineer, Project Management

Love you all - thanks for helping me! ^_^

Started with a book on PHP, then took a intro C course in University. Since then, I've learned by reading official documentation or online tutorials. Occasionally eBooks. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I started in like around 2000. My 1st IDE was Microsoft FrontPage 98. I started to write HTML, CSS, and classic ASP as a hobby. When Microsoft discontinued FrontPage I got so angry. I got use to Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional and fell in love with that IDE. To this day I'm still maintaining websites for a living. Now I'm into more designing than on the developer's side

I still do coding. Still learning JavaScript and all it's libraries. JavaScript has a zillion libraries.

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)