SSD Boot Drive

Docta-ill

I am running a 120gb ssd boot drive but some files keep downloading to it when i just want my os on it.  I have changed my settigns in windows 10 to only download to my hdd but some files still download to my ssd.  Is there a way that I can make sure nothing else gets downloaded to my boot drive?

If you only have windows on your SSD you're basically throwing away 3/4 of your money because you're only experiencing a quarter of the benefits from the speed.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If you only have windows on your SSD you're basically throwing away 3/4 of your money because you're only experiencing a quarter of the benefits from the speed.

yeah i know that, i will most likely put some applications such as some games on it but i dont want a bunch of random files on it.  So is there any way to basically lock off the ssd so nothing else downloads to it

1 minute ago, Docta-ill said:

yeah i know that, i will most likely put some applications such as some games on it but i dont want a bunch of random files on it.  So is there any way to basically lock off the ssd so nothing else downloads to it

What random files??

Just change your documents and pictures and other directories to a separate drive.

It's in the windows settings, under storage.

Image result for windows settings storage location drive

To change download location you can do it from chrome settings.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

What random files??

Just change your documents and pictures and other directories to a separate drive.

It's in the windows settings, under storage.

Image result for windows settings storage location drive

To change download location you can do it from chrome settings.

I have done that, but some files still download to my ssd

Just now, Docta-ill said:

You need to change the download location in chrome or whatever browser you use.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Docta-ill said:

then right click on a folder and change the location here

5b84c580dd468_Screenshotfrom2018-08-2720-45-44.png.f20f5e4cb98af80aa96d81799868ffce.png