2 Radiators in 1 Case useless?

Hi Guys,

im using an overclocked  i7 4770k and 1060 in my loop with a 30mm 360rad on top as an exhaust and an 60mm 280 rad as an intake (yes, push pull).
My ambient temperature is about 28c° - water in loop is about 30c° at idle and about 40c° at full load. GPU never reaches more than 43c°, and the cpu is also fine, its not delidded so the temps are useless anyway.

Im asking myself if my front rad is heating up the air inside the case so that the top radiator is useless?
Am i missing something or is the air which is coming in the case from the front rad (about 30c°) not cooling the top radiator in any way?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

The front rad will cool the air to an extent, then the top will finish the job. This is what I have found from experience, the more surface area the better the performance. You would be basically removing 3/5 of your cooling potential. 

3 minutes ago, Stuttgart said:

Hi Guys,

im using an overclocked  i7 4770k and 1060 in my loop with a 30mm 360rad on top as an exhaust and an 60mm 280 rad as an intake (yes, push pull).
My ambient temperature is about 28c° - water in loop is about 30c° at idle and about 40c° at full load. GPU never reaches more than 43c°, and the cpu is also fine, its not delidded so the temps are useless anyway.

Im asking myself if my front rad is heating up the air inside the case so that the top radiator is useless?
Am i missing something or is the air which is coming in the case from the front rad (about 30c°) not cooling the top radiator in any way?

It will warm the air somewhat but it still has the ability to provide further cooling even if it goes into the case and then out into the second rad. At the end of the day you are still increasing the amount of usable surface area and the potential for cooling. As long as the airflow through the case is decent and well balanced it won't be an issue and from looking at those temps everything looks quite good. 

With just those two on the loop I wouldn’t worry about it. 

I use a 280 80mm rad as intake on my 1080 rig but the fans don’t even turn on till the cpu hits 45 or so. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

It does affect the cooling performance of the top rad when it's cooling the heated air from the front rad, yes! It doesn't make the top rad useless, but it's not running at it's best performance for sure.

In my case it was better to run front AND top as intake and just the back as exhaust.

I run 3 240mm rads myself.

1 front

1 top

1 bolted to the back via the 120mm exhaust mount.

I have them all exhaust for the very reason your describing.

My front rad is a Nexxxos Monsta 240with push pull. It heats up the air somthing feirce, so i was noticing internal case temps significantly higher than ambient. Once i switched it around to exhaust my temps inside the case, and my CPU and GPU temps lowered.

In the end it depends on how much the air is being heated.  If ur ambient is say 20c, and the internal case air is like 30c, then i'd sugest switching the fans around.

Your ambinet u say is 28c, if liquid temp is only 30c then the air inside your case shouldnt be that different from ambient so i wouldnt worry about it.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |