When does a SSD get slower?

ManOfDisguise

I have a 120GB  SSD (with 67 GB free). When would it get slower? Once it gets filled up all the way? Or once it reaches a certain point?(for example only 20GB left of free space)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I have a 64GB SSD and it gets slower but it might be my HDD.. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

It only gets slower when it begins to reach the end of it's write limit. (and we're talking multiple TB per day over a couple of years with the best SSDs)

You have nothing to worry about.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

When its components start to wear. So at age 50, maybe 55

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Some older gen ssd's will actually get a bit slower once filled to the brinc. Newer SSD's does not though.

After heavy use after several years, SSD's use up their write cycles, which will then make the SSD unable to be written to. But you can still read from it.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Since you have a Force GT SSD you shouldn't worry about it getting slower any time soon. Some older SSDs got slower as you filled them up, due to the controllers being bad. 

Just keep TRIM enabled and enjoy your SSD

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Since you have a Force GT SSD you shouldn't worry about it getting slower any time soon. Some older SSDs got slower as you filled them up, due to the controllers being bad. 

Just keep TRIM enabled and enjoy your SSD

Sorry but, whats TRIM? I have like no experience when it comes to this kind of stuff

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Sorry but, whats TRIM? I have like no experience when it comes to this kind of stuff

TRIM is kinda like garbage disposal for your SSD. It makes sure that the SSD don't have to delte things and then write to the drive.

Video that explains it:

If AHCI mode is activated in the BIOS, TRIM is automatically activated in Windows. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes