Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Gaming Headset

dat thumbnail... Linus is high.. 100%

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Why is this video locked? 

All the headphones so far seem really... "meh" but the A50's look pretty damn good (aesthetically) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm going to throw this out there.

If you buy these you are going to learn a harsh lesson on build quality.

Corsair do other things really well, they are not very good at headsets.

For me this product is a strong AVOID!

Linus, you mentioned, that you used USB on all the headsets, which i have to say isn't really a fair test, i wrote about this in the A50 video thread. It is basically because the A50s are a little bit different:

Linus, the mic quality might be because the volume is too high. I have the A40, and i have to turn it down to about 30-50% volume in windows to prevent it from distorting. Also, the wearing on your neck thing, you can turn the cups so the back of them face front, and wear it on your neck with a lower profile than normal heaphones. As far as the listening test, I'm curious, did you use USB or optical? USB is only for voice chatting, like with skype, teamspeak, razer comms and so on, while the optical is meant to be the actual imput for games, movies and music, paired with an audio solution (onboard or sound card) that supports Dolby Digital Live. If the audio source doesnt have dolby digital live, audio quality will be reduced quite a bit, and can sometimes cause distortion. Also, since you didn't mention trying out the different EQ settings built into the headset, i am curious as to wether you tried them or not.

Linus, you mentioned, that you used USB on all the headsets, which i have to say isn't really a fair test, i wrote about this in the A50 video thread. It is basically because the A50s are a little bit different:

USB is more than fine for all uses of audio. USB delivers a digital signal meaning its lossless. Optical and USB will deliver the exact same signal. they are both digital.

If you have to tun your microphone down by a large amount like that to avoid distortion I can only assume it's because its a poor quality microphone.

Surround effects are rubbish, I personally don't use them.

USB is more than fine for all uses of audio

Might be for most headsets, but the Astro headsets work differently. They use USB for communication audio ONLY, that means the USB input doesnt go through the DAC, it just gets sent raw to the headset. The USB only supports 16 bit audio, while the optical supports 24 it. The optical is the only input that goes through the included DAC. It is also the only way to use Dolby Digital Live (or Dolby Headphones), and while it is surround, and you might not like it, is the way for the headset to be intended to be used.

Turning down the microphone doesn't nessecarily mean its lower quality, it just means its too loud for the USB bus. This has nothing to do with the microphone quality and can be fixed with simple firmware updates.

Might be for most headsets, but the Astro headsets work differently. They use USB for communication audio ONLY, that means the USB input doesnt go through the DAC, it just gets sent raw to the headset. The USB only supports 16 bit audio, while the optical supports 24 it. The optical is the only input that goes through the included DAC. It is also the only way to use Dolby Digital Live (or Dolby Headphones), and while it is surround, and you might not like it, is the way for the headset to be intended to be used.

Turning down the microphone doesn't nessecarily mean its lower quality, it just means its too loud for the USB bus. This has nothing to do with the microphone quality and can be fixed with simple firmware updates.

I see, thanks for clearing that up, very weird sounding headset.

I got the 2100 for my birthday on the 25th and I have some opinions so far

First of all, I have had a G35 for a long time, it's a nice headsett but for me it is horrible at music, good at movies and games, horrible at comfort

I bought the Vengeance 2000 as a birthday gift to a friend of mine earlier this year, and when I tested them (Had to help her set them up, heh), I was amazed at how comfortable they were, and I like the sound

Also the mic really surprised me when we called over Skype

So I put the 2100 on my wish list as I really wanted the comfort as I am starting to use headset more (Though I have a Z-5500) and I was just tired of the G35. 

So far I have used it for a little gaming, some music listening (only for testing really, it will be a long time before I start using a headsett for music over the Z-5500) and a few (but long) Skype calls

The longest Skype call was for over 8 hours and I didn't even notice I had the headset on, really, so the comfort is really good. The sound is different then what I am used to, both from G35 and Z-5500. I am still not sure if I like it better or not, but I am sure that it feels almost like I have entered a different game (Mostly tested on BF4)
I haven't tested the range much yet, so I have nothing to say about that

The dolby thingy program, which "converts" your source audio to 7.1 works good. But you have to manually choose what the source is (2.0, 5.1 or 7.1) for it to work properly, and so if I play BF4 with surround on and have a Skype call at the same time, the Skype audio can be a bit weird (When 5.1 is selected as source)

On that 8 hour Skype call I switched a bit between the 2100 mic and the Blue Snowball, and the person listening said she didn't notice any different except in volume, though she also mentioned that she is not that sensitive on audio quality

Hurr
Conclusion:

Good comfort, they feel very light on your head (I was quite amazed at that, G35 feels like a brick compared)

Sound is good I think, haven't really decided, but at least it is not horrible, but not mindblowing either

Conversion thingy is fair enough

Wireless is cool

Definetly a good replacement fot the G35

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

NCIX:http://bit.ly/1bBHj8a

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1jtL

My review/unboxing of the Corsair Vengeance 2100 wireless gaming headset is part 2 in a series of reviews that also includes the Astro A50 and Steelseries H Wireless.

Does the Vengeance 2100 work on Mac? In the website they don't specify it but in the video you said they were..

Can you please verify this?

Does the Vengeance 2100 work on Mac? In the website they don't specify it but in the video you said they were..

Can you please verify this?

They work on Mac but there is no driver, meaning you won't get the virtual surround or EQ options.

• 7 months later...
bought these yesterday. I think that they are very comfortable for the head and ears and wear over time. but get a Crackling sound when I am in conversation on skype. if you have any suggestions how i can fix That I will be happy 

otherwise satisfied.

bought these yesterday. I think that they are very comfortable for the head and ears and wear over time. but get a Crackling sound when I am in conversation on skype. if you have any suggestions how i can fix That I will be happy 

otherwise satisfied.

I've had this issue before with my Vengeance 2000 headset, so I assume

that it can be fixed in a similar way.

Right click on your volume icon in your taskbar and click 'Playback Devices'.

Look for your Corsair Vengeance 2100 in the list of devices, then right click

on it and select "Properties". In the new window which appears select the

"Advanced" tab located at the top right. There should be a dropdown menu

which will appear which should give you two options - you should select the

bottom-most option.

Once you've clicked that, click the "Apply" button and your static noise

issue should be resolved hopefully. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I've had this issue before with my Vengeance 2000 headset, so I assume

that it can be fixed in a similar way.

Right click on your volume icon in your taskbar and click 'Playback Devices'.

Look for your Corsair Vengeance 2100 in the list of devices, then right click

on it and select "Properties". In the new window which appears select the

"Advanced" tab located at the top right. There should be a dropdown menu

which will appear which should give you two options - you should select the

bottom-most option.

Once you've clicked that, click the "Apply" button and your static noise

issue should be resolved hopefully. :)

I have tested already. it worked for about 2 hours before the problem was back again. 
can not find any other options then what you came up with to get the problem goes away 

But thanks for the answer =)