$2500 - $3000 build list???

rinus

Hi,

I'm building a new pc a purely gaming pc, I've got $2500+ to channel towards it and I've done my research a lot of it being off of linus tech tips (youtube) videos. I would just like to query my parts and get a Yay of Nay on them.

The list is:

ASUS ROG VI FORMULA - $310
Samsung 840 EVO - $95
ASUS 2G GTX 770 - $370 x2
i5-4670K - $235
SATA DVD RW Samsung - $19
8G Kit 2400 Kingston - $106
Coolermaster Haf X - $200
Coolermaster GX2 Power 750W - $105
Coolermaster GX2 Power 850W - $185
Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $24
ASUS VG278HE - $380 x2
Razer Deathstalker Keyboard- $60
DeathAdder 2013 Mouse - $52
TOTAL = $2706

What do you think???  :D  :D

------- HMMMMMH --------

you need 2 power supplies? or asking which one to pick?

you don't have much on storage for games do not see a hard drive anywhere, throw a 1TB  HDD in at least.

what type of gaming, games you want to play? triple monitor suround did not see the monitors the first read through

Hi,

I'm building a new pc a purely gaming pc, I've got $2500+ to channel towards it and I've done my research a lot of it being off of linus tech tips (youtube) videos. I would just like to query my parts and get a Yay of Nay on them.

The list is:

Samsung 840 EVO - $95
i5-4670K - $235
Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $24
ASUS VG278HE - $380 x2
TOTAL = $2706

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

I think it's a little silly to use a small SSD in such an expensive build and you definitely don't need two power supplies. A single, quality 850W would be plenty. I would suggest something from Corsair.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Hi,

The list is:

Samsung 840 EVO - $95

i5-4670K - $235

Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $24

ASUS VG278HE - $380 x2

TOTAL = $2706

What do you think??? :D:D

Get a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H instead or if you want red,UD4H instead.Also why not AMD 8320 and M5A99FX Pro?

Get a 250GB SSD from the saved money.

Both power supplies are crap.Get one from XFX,Seasonic,Silverstone or Be Quiet(only Dark Power Pro 10 850W and above).

Oh yeah sorry I got another pre-bought TB HDD just waiting for the build and the two PSU's are just there to choose which one to take, due to the SLI config I'm doing. 

DaftBehemoth why would you suggest rather something from Corsair??

Thanks for the quick reply..

------- HMMMMMH --------

Why 27" 1080p displays?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Here's some suggestions, feel free to ignore it if you will:

Get the bigger capacity variant, the 250GB one.

Drop the 770s, get the 780 instead or the 780 Ti if you want the best of the best.

Get a quality 600W power supply. Here's a couple from Seasonic. The X-650 and Platinum-660XP2.

Drop the 2400MHz RAM and get the 1600MHz instead, there won't be a tangible performance difference between the two.

So, essentially, 'Yay' for everything else besides the SSD, GFX cards, power supply and RAM.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

dont get 2x 770s get one 780ti and a i7 4770k

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Sorry WoodenMarker please elaborate a bit more...

N3D9ed I believe what you are getting at by the GPU's is that later on in time I could then add another one of the more beefier cards to it making it even more awesome, good point. And for the PSU do you think 750w is to much even for sli config??? Lastly why not 2400 due to Haswell's better RAM speeds capabilities and the decent bus speeds of the ROG board??

------- HMMMMMH --------

Sorry Kang are those prices applicable even to where I am which is australia?

------- HMMMMMH --------

Lewiscool45 I'm sorry but what is the point of getting an I-7 only for the reason that it can hyper thread??? Where as I bet your processor is never running at more than 70% whilst playing a beast game at full graphics which in my regard would just make an I-7 redundant. :)

------- HMMMMMH --------

Just take my pic its all good. And my mobo aswell. Lol jks. ;p

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

N3D9ed I believe what you are getting at by the GPU's is that later on in time I could then add another one of the more beefier cards to it making it even more awesome, good point. And for the PSU do you think 750w is to much even for sli config??? Lastly why not 2400 due to Haswell's better RAM speeds capabilities and the decent bus speeds of the ROG board??

No idea what you meant in the first sentence. 750W would be the bare minimum, 850W is usually what people would recommend as it would allow more balls-to-the-walls overclocking. 2400MHz (speed don't matter in gaming) offers miniscule performance difference whilst gaming and just not worth the price premium over a 1600MHz one.

And dont buy the monitor. Get the same one in gsync itll be out in q1 this year. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

N3D9ed I hear ya I't makes sence and not worth spending the extra for not that much more performance... I just wonder though isn't it too much power cause the pc Linus built once was a TITAN and a haswell I-7 and he ended up using only a 650W???

Ok true but at what price 

ForeseenVisionz Ok true but at what price?? whilst allowing withing budget planning...

------- HMMMMMH --------

N3D9ed I hear ya I't makes sence and not worth spending the extra for not that much more performance... I just wonder though isn't it too much power cause the pc Linus built once was a TITAN and a haswell I-7 and he ended up using only a 650W???

Nope, it isn't that much. You can SLI with 650W but there will be no room for overclocking and PSUs will actually degrade over time so 750W would be the bare minimum.

Use '@' behind the username so that the user knows that you replied as without '@', no notification will appear.

eg. @eggerer1012

Ah right thanks I need to read better.....

------- HMMMMMH --------

@N3D9ed true didn't really think of OCing not as of now where this build will pwn any game to the max without OC. So 750+ is the go then.

------- HMMMMMH --------

@Kang thanks, those are good prices but for example on amazon you can get even better prices. Unless these guys give like big bundle discounts???

------- HMMMMMH --------

@roberto++ do you think 3 or 2 VE248H monitors or 2 VG278H monitors?

------- HMMMMMH --------

Hi,

The list is:

Samsung 840 EVO - $95
i5-4670K - $235
Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $24
ASUS VG278HE - $380 x2
TOTAL = $2706

get another case, like 750D.

and get a HDD

2 PSUs is not necessary, get one 850 watt

Go with 16 gigs of ram since your budget alows it and it will be needed

and a 1866 mhz ram is enough

and a better GPU. with that budget a GTX 780 Ti maybe?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Sorry WoodenMarker please elaborate a bit more...

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

You chose a 27" 1080p monitor. Pixels get quite large at that size. I'm asking why you would choose to get such a large 1080p monitor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

get another case, like 750D.

and get a HDD

2 PSUs is not necessary, get one 850 watt

Go with 16 gigs of ram since your budget alows it and it will be needed

and a 1866 mhz ram is enough

and a better GPU. with that budget a GTX 780 Ti maybe?

I don't see how 16GB is needed currently for gaming. Even if games like BF4 are really pushing closer to 8GB, it is still enough and if @rinus needs to upgrade, he can get another pair of 2GB of the same RAM as I highly doubt he will ever need 32GB of RAM just for gaming. And also, even though his budget allows it, it's redundant and he could save that money instead.

@rinus, if you can find the 1866MHz equivalent and it costs no more than $3, then pull the trigger on it.