Windows 10 Activation issue

akialwayz

Hi guys I recently bought a Windows pro key for 2$ and activated it in my already activated Windows 10 home laptop.Now my laptop is running Win 10 Pro(It is linked to my ms account),the issue is if i use windows product key retreival software,It shows old activation key(Win 10 home).I understand it is embedded some how to my bios,can i change it to win Pro product key?

You need buy a new pro key for your windows. You cannot transfer from home to pro for free ...

Magical Pineapples

4 minutes ago, EMC said:

You need buy a new pro key for your windows. You cannot transfer from home to pro for free ...

You dont understand pro key is already activated,Im running win 10 pro in my lap.prob is just the software(windows product key retriever) shows old product key

win.png

I don't see what's wrong? Windows Pro shows that it is activated by a license provided by your Microsoft account, which is what it's meant to do if you bought Windows 10 Pro on your MS account.

As for the software showing the old key, I'd guess that it's just because that software doesn't know how to display the fact that's it's digitally activated now and so displays the last key it saw.

I like hanging out and conversing about tech and stuff, commuting from forums to discord every so often.

Just now, O-T said:

I don't see what's wrong? Windows Pro shows that it is activated by a license provided by your Microsoft account, which is what it's meant to do if you bought Windows 10 Pro on your MS account.

so see I know both keys Win home which came with the lap activated starts with 9 and the one i bought and activated later starts with P.I'm building a new system for my cousin they only need Win 10 home,So i was wondering if I can use Win home key

You might as well try to give him your old key, just cross your fingers and hope that it is re-usable (if it's official, then it should very well be re-usable) and not digitally activated on your hardware (but since you got the key that doesn't seem to be the case).

I like hanging out and conversing about tech and stuff, commuting from forums to discord every so often.

2 minutes ago, akialwayz said:

so see I know both keys Win home which came with the lap activated starts with 9 and the one i bought and activated later starts with P.I'm building a new system for my cousin they only need Win 10 home,So i was wondering if I can use Win home key

Well you can try if key works or not. If it doesn't you need to get a new key, if not you could call Microsoft for them to reactive it again but as you can get them for 2 dollars it would easier to just buy a new one.

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, EMC said:

Well you can try if key works or not. If it doesn't you need to get a new key, if not you could call Microsoft for them to reactive it again but as you can get them for 2 dollars it would easier to just buy a new one.

2 minutes ago, O-T said:

You might as well try to give him your old key, just cross your fingers and hope that it is re-usable (if it's official, then it should very well be re-usable) and not digitally activated on your hardware (but since you got the key that doesn't seem to be the case).

yah i'll try inserting old key then,I just wanted to know if there was an other method any way thank you guys