I'm looking to mod my PC with cardboard.

Dunk
Go to solution Solved by LinuxTek,

I spent a few years far out in the Pacific Ocean on a tiny island of very poor people.

Instead of using what white people use to keep mosquitos away at night when they fished....they used the cardboard egg containers we buy a dozen eggs in.  The would light them until they flamed, then blow out flame and let them smolder for hours.

Whatever poison was being released from the warm cardboard barely burning....kept all the insects away.

I have multiple questions when modding, is cardboard safe and fine with high temperatures? What is the best way to glue/attach 2 pieces of cardboard together?

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

1 minute ago, Dunk said:

is cardboard safe and fine with high temperatures?

nothing in your computer reaches the ignition point of paper , if it does then there will be a fire regardless of cardboard being present

2 minutes ago, Dunk said:

What is the best way to glue/attach 2 pieces of cardboard together?

any glue , super glue elmers glue.... duct tape would be faster.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm painting the cardboard black anyways so duct tape isnt a bad option.

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

I used black cardboard with hot glue gun recently. I used super glue and a paper glue stick, but hot glue gun gave best reliable results

Watch first 30 sec for the result

22 hours ago, James Evens said:

Cardboard is not ideal. In case of a failure it will burn especially if you dried it for hours by 60° or higher temps. Where do you want to use it and for which purpose?

Psu shroud to hide cables.

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I spent a few years far out in the Pacific Ocean on a tiny island of very poor people.

Instead of using what white people use to keep mosquitos away at night when they fished....they used the cardboard egg containers we buy a dozen eggs in.  The would light them until they flamed, then blow out flame and let them smolder for hours.

Whatever poison was being released from the warm cardboard barely burning....kept all the insects away.

• 2 weeks later...

I've built my whole pc with cardboard and used a variation of flaps and a variation of white elmer's glue to stick the sides,just go for it,but just dont make a psu shroud using cardboard,as a service technician,I've  seen psu burst into flames with their aluminium shrouds,so dont use cardboard for a psu,yet you can make a standard pc case out of it if it is not corrugated and thick enough