How to host your own website?

piplupgao

As in from your own computer.

IT WORKS! http://piplupgao.github.io/

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

any tutorial?

my friend taught me a bit and then he left and I have yet to ask for a follow up because I don't really have a need for one. Forgot what he told me anyways xD

you could always look up how to use it but xampp is a great open source tool for it

wampserver and lot's o' googlin'

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

I'm guessing you want people to access this website? 

and if you are running Windows and you can install IIS 7 (or 6) and use that. (this is from Windows)

I'm guessing you want people to access this website? 

Yep not a lot of people though just gonna be a blog

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Yep

Lets start here. Do you have a static IP? For your internet connection?

Lets start here. Do you have a static IP? For your internet connection?

I don't think so, I tried setting one up but im pretty sure it didn't work, How do I check?

If you're just after a small website to play around with, you're much better off just paying for hosting. The power to run the box you host it on 24/7 alone will outweigh this cost.

If you're just after a small website to play around with, you're much better off just paying for hosting. The power to run the box you host it on 24/7 alone will outweigh this cost.

I'm 12 who do you think pays for power :P

Wait I get it! You want to upload your HTML code. Ok then use http://www.1freehosting.com/ to upload it via FTP.

That looks pretty sketchy http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/1freehostingcom-safe/

Using XAMPP or Wampserver only works if your ISP doesn't block port 80. If they do, you generally can't get them to unblock it. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2