AMD & Nvidia Together For Gaming

Snipe

So I remembered see a few years ago an article about Nvidia and AMD cards in a system working together with DX12 to render a game/benchmark and after doing a quick search I came across this article and also a video of someone doing the Ashes Bench with an AMD Fury and some Nvidia card. They showed that it actually worked but the video was not very good in explaining how they did it or it is actually works with other games or benchmarks.  I think Linus did a video a while back similar to this but do not recall if it was done with DX12.

Here is the original article I saw.

https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/87554-radeon-geforce-gpus-tested-working-together-dx-12/

Here is the video

https://venturebeat.com/2016/03/18/heres-a-pc-running-amd-and-nvidia-video-cards-at-the-same-time/

What got me thinking about this was No Mans Sky.  The game runs horrible on AMD video cards, although a handful of people have claimed they got it working and even digital foundry had descent results, but for the vast majority of the AMD users the game is almost a slideshow (me included).  I wondered, what if I had an Nvidia card too that could take advantage of the way the game is coded to make the game play smoother, now whether it uses only the Nvidia card or both, but having 2 cards might be a good thing since some games work better with X brand over Y brand and vise versa.  Would be interesting to see if Linus can replicate the results and try out many different titles to see if it truly does work.

Linus has made a computer, with both Nvidia and AMD cards, in which he just plugged the monitor cable into the amd card to use that, or into the nvidia card to use that. It worked rather good even.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Linus has made a computer, with both Nvidia and AMD cards, in which he just plugged the monitor cable into the amd card to use that, or into the nvidia card to use that. It worked rather good even.

Drivers can be a pain to set up properly, though...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Drivers can be a pain to set up properly, though...

I remember that in the video he said that the drivers worked perfectly fine with each other, but that was an old video, probably 2010 or so.

So i have no idea about the current drivers.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.