collegue laptop

Guys its my 18th birthday and next year im going to collegue and right now i have a 3000e budget to get a brand new laptop and right now idk which one to get, XPS 15, X1 Carbon, HP Spectre, HP Spectre 360x, Surface pro , MacBook pro 15, i really want a long lasting fast and reliable laptop, i was always a windows user but i finnaly cut my wish for games because i want to study more and because of that i heared that maclaptops are pretty good + u cannot even play games on them which is great, PLS HELP ( i dont want to spent all 3000e xD but if i have to its ok )

Have you considered the LG gram? also be wary of macbooks right now they have bad keyboards.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Preferred max weight and battery life? Usage?

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

59 minutes ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

I asked about the same question here 2 days ago

Off topic: I wanted to help you but your thread is too long, PM me for suggestions

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Hey thank you guys for answering btw i actually enjoy macbook keyboard idk xD i mean its far from the thinkpad but i think its good, im only worried about price of mac cause idk is it worth it like what is life expactency 

On 8/21/2018 at 3:07 AM, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Have you considered the LG gram? also be wary of macbooks right now they have bad keyboards.

Actually i cant get LG gram in my country ... but idk i prefer X1 carbon, trust me once u try thinkpad keyboard its just amazing, only thing i dont like about it is that i had like 2 thinkpads before and they just kinda bored me xD but yeah, my father is also always for Lenovo (IBM)

On 8/21/2018 at 6:12 AM, ZM Fong said:

Preferred max weight and battery life? Usage?

Any links of online stores?

I want like 6 hours of battery life and not more than 4lbs, ill be using it for music production, photoshop, coding from time to time and normal school things

And yeah guys forgot to say that Build quality is so much important to me, i just like premium laptops thats thing with lg gram, i dont like that wobbling  screen and chassis 

25 minutes ago, pixelirian said:

I want like 6 hours of battery life and not more than 4lbs, ill be using it for music production, photoshop, coding from time to time and normal school things

Any links of online stores? Are you fine with ULV CPU and weaker dGPU?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Any links of online stores? Are you fine with ULV CPU and weaker dGPU?

Sorry, no link of stores cause im going to Italy and idk any shops except official ones of those brands so yeah prices from Apple Italy, Lenovo Italy ..., im fine with weaker gpu but would like strong cpu

Can try MSI GS65, but it has OK-good build quality and OK-mediocre cooling (LM required). Also battery life is 5-6 hrs

Or Thinkpad T480s (i5 8250U) with WQHD panel which can perform like 7700HQ

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Can try MSI GS65, but it has OK-good build quality and OK-mediocre cooling (LM required). Also battery life is 5-6 hrs

T480s or x1 carbon ?

29 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

And isnt scar ii better than gs65

2 hours ago, pixelirian said:

T480s or x1 carbon ?

T480s, X1 C6 runs a bit hot

2 hours ago, pixelirian said:

And isnt scar ii better than gs65

It's heavier but don't have better cooling. Also too flashy IMO

Desktop specs:

Spoiler