Nvidia Gpu equivalent of consoles

Fleck99

What do you guys think is the Nvidia gpu equivalent of the PS4 pro and the Xbox one X with similar performance?

Doesl the 1060 and the XBO perform similar at 4k?

4k isn't some mythical setting. You're not going to find a console running natively at 4k with demanding settings. Those boxes still struggle with frame rate at 1080p when the action is too demanding.

Getting nice frames at 4k is doable if you're willing to sacrifice graphics.

5 minutes ago, Fleck99 said:

Console usually has much better optimization than PC, so it depends.

Also Xbox 1 X isnt rendering most games at 4k.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

5 minutes ago, Fleck99 said:

they do perform similar in 4K, but get ready to drop graphics settings to achieve that, and honestly if you're looking to play 4k at 30 fps then just buy a console... there's no point in buying a PC.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

15 minutes ago, Fleck99 said:

XB-One X Is not actually using 4k, its more correct to say that it is ~2k scaled to 4k in most games.

The PS4 Pro GPU has the same hardware resources as the RX 580, but it's clocked much lower and has to share memory bandwidth with the CPU cores. Its performance would be closer to the RX 570.

For comparison, the PS4Pro can do 4.2 TFLOPS FP32, while the RX 570 can do 4.8-5.1 TFLOPS (depending on clocks; factory and manual OC would push it higher).

The Xbox One X GPU has more hardware resources, which combined with the lower clocks etc. results in similar performance to the RX 580. Both are rated for about 6 TFLOPS FP32.

I Don't think PS4 pro's GPU is anywhere near Gtx 1060. I think it's comparable to a Gtx 1050ti or an Rx 570. The Xone yea comparable to GTX 1060 although in a comparison video by Digital Foundry (I think it was by Digital Foundry) The Gtx 1060 is more stable at Native 4K than Xbox One.

Edit -  (Correction1) The Gtx 1060 is not stable compared to Xone but has some advantages over Xbox One like better textures and shadows.

(Correction2) The video mentioned was by JERMgaming you can find it here - 

5 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

I Don't think PS4 pro's GPU is anywhere near Gtx 1060. I think it's comparable to a Gtx 1050ti or an Rx 570. The Xone yea comparable to GTX 1060 although in a comparison video by Digital Foundry (I think it was by Digital Foundry) The Gtx 1060 is more stable at Native 4K than Xbox One.

PS4 Pro comes in at ~RX 470 specs, which puts it at GTX 1060 3gb performance.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

PS4 Pro comes in at ~RX 470 specs, which puts it at GTX 1060 3gb performance.

Yea maybe the Rx 470 is comparable with the PS4 GPU. But Rx470 is still outperformed by the Gtx1060 in almost all games with the difference in performance being at least 10-12 fps on similar settings.

10 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

Yea maybe the Rx 470 is comparable with the PS4 GPU. But Rx470 is still outperformed by the Gtx1060 in almost all games with the difference in performance being at least 10-12 fps on similar settings.

Still depends on what 1060 you are talking about, there are something like three or four sub-models with different memory bus width, memory amount, and  shader count variables.

RX 470 sits right about where the low end of these 1060's are and RX 580 sits just below the top end 1060 SKU.  I still cant get over how vague NV made the 1060 and 1050 product stacks.