Plugging fans and pump to mobo

topsu

So, I am installing my watercooling loop today, but I need to know where I can plug my fans and pump on mobo so I can control them, before my aquaero 5 arrives.

My motherboard is Asus Z87-A and it has total 5 places to plug fans:

Fans: 3x Gentle typhoon ap-15 and Corsair 750D pre-installed fans

Pump: EK D5 Vario

-Cpu and Cpu_opt 

-Cha_fan1 & 2 & 3

I can only control pwm fans from cpu and cpu_opt, but I can control non-pwm fans from cha_fan headers

So, anyone know how much power can one channel deliver and can my motherboard handle total power needed for all those fans.

I was thinking about configuration like this:

8260d490ced74fbfcc2c927a7876e3d7.png

But my mobo cannot probably give enough power for pump from the header so can I just plug the pwm connector to mobo and connect the molex to the powersupply and use the pwm wire just to send motherboard data about pump rpm?

Or can I even control the pump from there even when the pump is plugged to psu too?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

cant speak about your pump but my mcp 350x is on my cpu PWM header on my asus X58 motherboard

the pump gets power from the molex the pwm wire is optional and just sends the signal to control the pumps speed

you have a D5 vario not a D5 PWM,  so don't plug it into your MB just use the speed control on the pump and plug it into your power supply.   the extra wire on the vario is just a tach wire not a pwm control wire.

you have a D5 vario not a D5 PWM,  so don't plug it into your MB just use the speed control on the pump and plug it into your power supply.   the extra wire on the vario is just a tach wire not a pwm control wire.

pump has a tacho signal 3-pin

his motherboard can control rpm signal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dvBqXtRIQ#t=187

but even if he cant its a good idea to plug in a tach wire so in case the pump falis the pc will shut off right