Nokia 6.1 vs xiaomi redmi 5 plus

Instrange.
Go to solution Solved by jackar,
1 hour ago, Instrange. said:

So you won't recommend phones with MiUI? Are they completely unusable?  Thanks for your advice will keep that in mind. I might buy xiaomi mi a2.

Certainly not unusable, otherwise people wouldn't buy them. But the experience ive had with MiUI wasn't as smooth & pleasant as with others, sometimes downright frustrating.

I urge you to try it out for 2-3 days first if you can. I was certainly happy EU has blanket 14 days no questions asked return policy - and I went for Huawei.

You may not mind (maybe even like) MiUI, but I found it deeply inferior to Twiz, Stock or EMUI.

Also what I noticed, is that EmUI and it's apps are coded in China by somewhat amateurs, and the adapted for the RotW. Misaligned elements, crappy translations, illogical elements and design - overall unpolished and unworthy of the 3rd biggest Brand - that all in official apps, android menu's etc.

Not just to crap on Xiaomi though, they have beautiful hardware and some people clearly don't mind the lack of polish. That's why I urge you to try it out if you can, scout it out on YT etc...

I've had redmi 5 plus in my hand when I was looking for a phone for my mom. It features a nice large screen, comfy stats for phone casual - enough storage, ram, camera is ok at best. But I had to return it for Mate 10 Lite due to ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE MiUI.

Xiaomi's business plan is to forgo the profit from the device, to hook you into their terrible ecosystem. Prepare for preloaded bloatware that made the phone unusable for me. Custom gallery, calc, calendar, ... and lots of other crap - you can figure. I was unable to replace that things even with ADB, and returned the thing to get Mate 10 lite. I love the Huawei's EMUI, and I comfortably removed things I didn't like using ADB - without breaking the phone's useability.

My advice is to try the Nokia out, it could be nice, or go for a more comfortable android build. Mate 10 Lite worked perfect for me, I'm sure you can find alternatives. Or wait for Xiaomi's A2 (stock android). It should feature similar stats, USB-C, similar price, same big screen - all without the manufacturer's bloatcrap.

5 minutes ago, jackar said:

I've had redmi 5 plus in my hand when I was looking for a phone for my mom. It features a nice large screen, comfy stats for phone casual - enough storage, ram, camera is ok at best. But I had to return it for Mate 10 Lite due to ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE MiUI.

Xiaomi's business plan is to forgo the profit from the device, to hook you into their terrible ecosystem. Prepare for preloaded bloatware that made the phone unusable for me. Custom gallery, calc, calendar, ... and lots of other crap - you can figure. I was unable to replace that things even with ADB, and returned the thing to get Mate 10 lite. I love the Huawei's EMUI, and I comfortably removed things I didn't like using ADB - without breaking the phone's useability.

My advice is to try the Nokia out, it could be nice, or go for a more comfortable android build. Mate 10 Lite worked perfect for me, I'm sure you can find alternatives. Or wait for Xiaomi's A2 (stock android). It should feature similar stats, USB-C, similar price, same big screen - all without the manufacturer's bloatcrap.

So you won't recommend phones with MiUI? Are they completely unusable?  Thanks for your advice will keep that in mind. I might buy xiaomi mi a2.

1 hour ago, Instrange. said:

Certainly not unusable, otherwise people wouldn't buy them. But the experience ive had with MiUI wasn't as smooth & pleasant as with others, sometimes downright frustrating.

I urge you to try it out for 2-3 days first if you can. I was certainly happy EU has blanket 14 days no questions asked return policy - and I went for Huawei.

You may not mind (maybe even like) MiUI, but I found it deeply inferior to Twiz, Stock or EMUI.

Also what I noticed, is that EmUI and it's apps are coded in China by somewhat amateurs, and the adapted for the RotW. Misaligned elements, crappy translations, illogical elements and design - overall unpolished and unworthy of the 3rd biggest Brand - that all in official apps, android menu's etc.

Not just to crap on Xiaomi though, they have beautiful hardware and some people clearly don't mind the lack of polish. That's why I urge you to try it out if you can, scout it out on YT etc...

On 8/18/2018 at 11:37 PM, jackar said:

MIUI is better than that stock ugly android in my opinion. It's very clean & nice UI. From 2 phones with miui and stock android, definitely I wouldn't buy phone with stock android, because it doesn't have MIUI.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, Instrange. said:

I have Xiaomi S2 with MIUI and I'm loving it. Usually was using microsoft launcher with older phone, but MIUI seems so nice that I didn't even install any custom launcher.