Need help. System Restore Won't Work

Moshstep

Hey everyone. So just recently i raged a little too hard at a video game, slammed my hands against my keyboard a couple times making my computer go to the login screen with programs still going on in the background, (aka i could still hear my music/game and talk to my brother on discord), and when i tried putting my password in it kept saying wrong password, so instead of dealing with that i decided to hard shut down in an attempt to just restart and boot windows back up again. When i did that i got a black screen with the loading circle with underneath said just a moment.., but it stayed there for about 5-10 minutes, so i hard shut down again. Probably shouldve just waited because right after that i tried booting up again and got a blue screen with a stop code: 0xc000021A. So i looked online to see what the fix was. I found an article pointing me to the built-in diagnostic tool which you get after hard resetting your pc twice at the bootup screen. Since then i've tried going into cmd and typing to sfc /scannow command but after its done with the verification phase it says, "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." After that i tried going to a system restore point that my cpc has apparently made a couple throughout the week. So i tried restoring for a restore point but it can't complete successfully and i get an error saying, "An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070003)" I don't know what to do now, I've tried multiple restore points just to get the same error. I have 2 HDDs connected and i really dont want to lose all my data.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1050ti

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

Not sure what else i need this is my first post for something of the sort.

20180816_025318.jpg

20180816_003121.jpg

11 minutes ago, Moshstep said:

I have 2 HDDs connected

Sounds like one of them has a bad sector, right where the programs/windows reside.

I'd pull the drives out, or at least the one with all your data on it, throw in a cheap known good drive, re-install windows, and then see if your data drives are trashed or not. If they are good, set them aside, get the proper drive size you want, put a fresh copy of windows on that, re-install programs, etc, and put back your data drive(s)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like one of them has a bad sector, right where the programs/windows reside.

I'd pull the drives out, or at least the one with all your data on it, throw in a cheap known good drive, re-install windows, and then see if your data drives are trashed or not. If they are good, set them aside, get the proper drive size you want, put a fresh copy of windows on that, re-install programs, etc, and put back your data drive(s)

Alright thank you I'll get on that in the am, now to reinstall windows would i need to grab a cd drive and burn a windows iso on a cd or could i just flash it through a usb somehow.

Edited by Moshstep
burn* instead of burner

if you start up from a USB Windows drive you should have the option to fix your current windows version.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...