Traxxas rustler battery

hello i have rustler xl5 that is running the stock traxxas 8.4v 3000mah battery i was wondering if a 2s 6000mah 60c discharge battery is fine to run 

Yes, it's fine as long as it fits. You have to get a LiPo charger for it (for the love of god don't use your Ni-Mh charger with a lipo). Also I would reccomend the LiPo being a hardcase, you'll never know if you crash hard enough and something punctures the battery...

On 8/14/2018 at 2:36 AM, AugOwnz said:

Yes, it's fine as long as it fits. You have to get a LiPo charger for it (for the love of god don't use your Ni-Mh charger with a lipo). Also I would reccomend the LiPo being a hardcase, you'll never know if you crash hard enough and something punctures the battery...

Thxs yes it is a hard case and i have a traxxas id charger

If your ESC doesn't have LVCO you should probably add a battery monitor with an audible alert to the list of must haves.  LiPo discharges very differently from NiCad and NiMh batteries...they don't "run down" as they discharge. They run in a narrow voltage margin right up until the battery depletes then the voltage plummets. You don't want to discharge it too far or you risk permanently damaging the battery.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Careful you don't burn the motor. I've burned up countless brushed and a few brushless Traxxas motors. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

If your ESC doesn't have LVCO you should probably add a battery monitor with an audible alert to the list of must haves.  LiPo discharges very differently from NiCad and NiMh batteries...they don't "run down" as they discharge. They run in a narrow voltage margin right up until the battery depletes then the voltage plummets. You don't want to discharge it too far or you risk permanently damaging the battery.

The esc in traxxas's current veichles have a cutoff at 3.2v or 3.4v. If that is too low for your taste you can always throw in a lipo low voltage beeper and  set it to more comfortable voltages like 3.6

12 hours ago, aki adaki said:

Careful you don't burn the motor. I've burned up countless brushed and a few brushless Traxxas motors. 

my motor after a full pack never passes 130F its the titan 12 t 

15 hours ago, AugOwnz said:

The esc in traxxas's current veichles have a cutoff at 3.2v or 3.4v. If that is too low for your taste you can always throw in a lipo low voltage beeper and  set it to more comfortable voltages like 3.6

That is pretty low...but if you're on it while driving the RC car (high throttle), the voltage cutoff shouldn't be too bad. Toward the end of discharge the LiPo battery voltage will plummet under load but will rise back up a bit when no longer under load. Even if it is 3.2V per cell, it should raise back up when no longer under a load.

I'm pretty careful with my batteries. I typically charge them at 1C, don't take them under 3.7V (resting) per cell if I can help it, and they last a very long time. I also charge or discharge them to 3.85V if I plan to store them for more than a few weeks.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler