Is 650watts Enough?

KingCeszar

I'm using a PSU Calculator and estimating all that I have and what I plan on adding on which is extra ram to bump what I have to 32gb's another fan for my cpu cooler and the Elgato Pro internal recorder.. What the calculator estimates that i'll be using 631watts of my 650 and thats w/OUT the Elgato. Do I need to get 750psu to compensate?

PSU calculators are inaccurate and I don't suggest them. What are your specs? Will you be overclocking?

Best & worst cases for your money in 2018 are:

Best Cases overall

I) Fractal Design Meshify C - Airflow and relatively quiet, best all around case

I) Phanteks Enthoo Pro M / Special Edition (white interior) - Airflow & full water cooling support

I) Fractal Define R6 - Silent with decent airflow

I) Be Quiet! DB 900 (Full Tower) - Airflow and silent 

I) Fractal Design Meshify C mini (mATX)

I) Corsair 400C - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Phanteks 350X - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Fractal Design Focus G

Cases that may be worth your money

I) Thermaltake G21 - GPU and CPU cooling issues, modest tweaking
I) Silverstone RL06 / Pro - Mustard/Ketchup wires, Shitty cable management, Poor front radiator support, useless psu filter, stupid ssd layout
I) In Win 303

I) Coolermaster H500 no suffix - if 200mm fans are your thing

I) NZXT H700 non "i" version - Needs to come down in price to be worth it

I) Corsair Carbide 100R - Suitable for low end builds

The worst cases - Do Not Buy

I) NZXT S340/Elite, H500, H440 (everything except the H700) Reason: Poor airflow
I) Coolermaster Masterbox 5

Majority of cases on the market

51 minutes ago, Gedgn said:

PSU calculators are inaccurate and I don't suggest them. What are your specs? Will you be overclocking?

i'm just overclocking the cpu and it isn't by much. it's running at 4.1 and that's as far as I plan to clock it using the basic settings in my MOBO

11 minutes ago, KingCeszar said:

all these sounds fine on a good 650W PSU, unless you're running SLI (even then, you're most likely fine with 650W)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, KingCeszar said:

That'll be fine even out a good 550W PSU.

What PSU do you have?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, KingCeszar said:

@Moonzy/LienusLateTips

Awesome... Thanks for letting me know that I was really concerned my psu couldn't handle any kind of upgrade and its a EVGA 650 GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W Modular EVGA ECO Mode Power Supply

Yeah, that's a good beefy unit. Will be fine.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

23 minutes ago, KingCeszar said:

@Moonzy/LienusLateTips

Awesome... Thanks for letting me know that I was really concerned my psu couldn't handle any kind of upgrade and its a EVGA 650 GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W Modular EVGA ECO Mode Power Supply

That'll do fine. Your system will draw under 300W without overclocking and with OC that you suggest you'll do, about 300W I would wager a guess.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 hours ago, KingCeszar said:

I'm using a PSU Calculator

That is your mistake...

A pencil, piece of paper and 5min of your time would deliver better results than those...

and estimating

Well, you could also roll the dice, would be similarly accurate as PSU calculators...

all that I have and what I plan on adding on which is extra ram to bump what I have to 32gb's another fan for my cpu cooler and the Elgato Pro internal recorder.. What the calculator estimates that i'll be using 631watts of my 650 and thats w/OUT the Elgato. Do I need to get 750psu to compensate?

No, you need to tell us what components you are talking about and we make a more accurate estimate than this random Web Thingy does...

But the Hardware you've posted would even work with a 450W PSU, though 550W is recommended. No need for 650W...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"