i want to buy one 6TB hardisk which to buy?

jim33

i will  buy  6TB  black.. you didnt help me so much  for  the informations which i wanted to have..

you  dont  have black drives ??  you dont  have  baragudas pro?? i dont know 

the  people in  this  forum dont have  black  6tB or  segeate  baraguda pro 6TB>>???

1 hour ago, jim33 said:

why to get  blue and not to  buy  black??

black is overpriced as F and is literally the same as blue but with a 7200rpm motor, let's say is the Samsung EVO or the NZXT of the HDD market

Barracudas are way cheaper and offer the same performance, but hey, it's your money not mine, if you want to burn it in a WDB drive there's nothing I can do about it lol

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

what  you mean black is overpriced as F??

what  you mean when  you say  if you want to burn it in a WDB drive there's nothing I can do about it ??

can  you  tell me  please/?

the  people in  this  forum dont have  black  6tB or  segeate  baraguda pro 6TB>>???

Dude, just get whichever is cheapest, or if you so badly want the Black just buy that, both are good drives. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I quote the following from the last time I answered this question on another post:

"These two devices are pretty much the same, they both are 7200 RPM and offer you 5 years warranty and share the same amount of load cycles. If you want to point to the differences then you need to look under specifications at the columns:

• Cache: Seagate has 256MB and WD has 128MB of cache. More caches is good for when you use several different type of data or applications, the drive stores in the cache the most frequently used data to have it available for when is requested and that helps minimize wait to load times.
  • Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: Seagate has 1 per 10E15 and WD has 1 per 10E14. This number means the amount of possibilities that a sector could fail, not every body likes math but 1 per 10E15 means that there are less possibilities for one sector to fail than 1 per 10E14.

I don't really believe you are gonna get regretted for buying one or the other, get the one that suits your budget better."

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

wd  blacks 6TB  are coming and  with 128 and  256 cashe

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, seagate_surfer said:

These two devices are pretty much the same, they both are 7200 RPM and offer you 5 years warranty and share the same amount of load cycles. If you want to point to the differences then you need to look under specifications at the columns:

• Cache: Seagate has 256MB and WD has 128MB of cache. More caches is good for when you use several different type of data or applications, the drive stores in the cache the most frequently used data to have it available for when is requested and that helps minimize wait to load times.
  • Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: Seagate has 1 per 10E15 and WD has 1 per 10E14. This number means the amount of possibilities that a sector could fail, not every body likes math but 1 per 10E15 means that there are less possibilities for one sector to fail than 1 per 10E14.

I don't really believe you are gonna get regretted for buying one or the other, get the one that suits your budget better.

19 hours ago, jim33 said:

wd  blacks 6TB  are coming and  with 128 and  256 cashe

Yeah, I saw that in their website:

image.png.25dcdd448935448f2e0bbffd98e0ab93.png

But when I check the Specification Sheet (PDF) it doesn't tells me there are also 256MB drives:

image.png.6b006b665012dcf28b95141bfcaff272.png

I think this is most likely just a single typo and someone forgot to add it also in the specs .PDF but feel free to contact them in case you have doubts: Contact Support

One more thing, we may not be on the same page in special because you are posting several entries for the same thing, that creates unnecessary alerts for all of us for a question that has been answered different times by users in this thread and also in the other one where you originally posted the first time this question, use punctuation, quotation marks, proper use of spaces, proper capitalization of words and please be specific and as clear as possible with your questions.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming