Cheapest way of getting Windows 10 software

ThatGuy...
Go to solution Solved by IntMD,

Amazon UK. Less than £10.00 at present for Win 10 Pro, just make sure you use the key as soon as you get it. 

I'm currently designing a pc and i dont know what the cheapest way of getting windows 10 - i live in the U.K 

Grey market is cheapest however the legitimacy is always in doubt.

Kinguin, G2A, r/microsoftsoftwareswap etc etc.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

19 minutes ago, ThatGuy... said:

I'm currently designing a pc and i dont know what the cheapest way of getting windows 10 - i live in the U.K 

You don't need a key to install or use windows 10 just use their media creation tool

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

You don't need a key to install or use windows 10 just use their media creation tool

Err what? You need a key otherwise after 30 days your computer goes into lock down mode, most configuration options stop working entirely and every time you boot up you get an annoying popup telling you to activate.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Err what? You need a key otherwise after 30 days your computer goes into lock down mode, most configuration options stop working entirely and every time you boot up you get an annoying popup telling you to activate.

Doesn't happen in windows 10 at all, the desktop background isn't even locked anymore.

All you get is a watermark and a locked taskbar.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Doesn't happen in windows 10 at all, the desktop background isn't even locked anymore.

Really? I guess it fits with Microsofts policy of getting users onto Windows 10 no matter what.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Really? I guess it fits with Microsofts policy of getting users onto Windows 10 no matter what.

They steal all of your data and have advertisments baked into the software.

and they knew everyone pirated it anyways so might as well make it safe to do that probably. More people using win10 the better.

Spoiler

Amazon UK. Less than £10.00 at present for Win 10 Pro, just make sure you use the key as soon as you get it. 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Changing themes from actual options IS locked. But bg can be changed with another method. Otherwise its true that its less locked down than previous versions.

44 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Disclaimer: This is marketplace key. Amazon is only handling payments. It falls in same category with Kinguin and other cheap key sites.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Disclaimer: This is marketplace key. Amazon is only handling payments. It falls in same category with Kinguin and other cheap key sites.

^ This, however, there are ones fulfilled by Amazon too apparently (not exactly sure how that works, but...), the above still likely applies.

image.png.f8a1403e4d3dd6e22817247354f82589.png

4 hours ago, IntMD said:

^ This, however, there are ones fulfilled by Amazon too apparently (not exactly sure how that works, but...), the above still likely applies.

They are still same. Fullfilled only mean that Amazon is used as handler. They will send key, but aren't responsible if key doesn't work or is sold again without buyers consent.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv