Motherboard from Aliexpress

r1s8k

Hello,

My PC broke today, I was playing Borderlands Pre-sequel and during the game, everything just froze up, no response for anything. So, hard resetted the PC, started it again.

The screen is playing different colors, red, blue, white ... etc. I thought the GPU is broken, then I disconnect the GPU, started the PC again and the same result, I noticed A6 code on the motherboard notification LEDs. So for this reason, I think the motherboard is the broken part.

I also disconnect many parts like HDD, Audio ... etc, same results.

So, I searched for a motherboard and found in different websites. And found more attractive choices on Aliexpress; like this one:

original-motherboard-for-Gigabyt-GA-Z97-HD3-LGA-1150-DDR3-USB2-0-USB3-0

I want to know, is this one like the ones on Amazon?

19 minutes ago, r1s8k said:

I want to know, is this one like the ones on Amazon?

Looks like it's the same if you don't mind waiting over a month for it to arrive.

25 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Looks like it's the same if you don't mind waiting over a month for it to arrive.

For this piece of tech, it says in the website the waiting from 7 - 15 days. I know for other things could take a month, less or more.

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I don't think Amazon has a product page for it anymore.  But, I've seen that on Gigabyte's refurb site before when I went to buy a gaming 7.  As mentioned it's just a long wait on getting it.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure. I looked for pictures on Google images and this one, and tried to compare the two !!! couldn't distinguish if there's something not the same. But it's not a huge risk, I saw this YouTube video for an Australian tech reviewer who built a gaming PC with parts from Aliexpress, so I have some confident.

I just wanted to get more experience from other people.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KTdqqs/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97hd3 There's two versions of the board there's the super yellow one, I think the original rev of the board.  Then there's another rev where only the Gigabyte logo is yellow.

Yes, but what do you mean exactly? Do you want to point me to the versions of the board? It's OK for me to get any version.

Also, this one is Z97 which is good for OC, although haven't done serious OCing, because every time I get unstable CPU frequency.

But anyway I just want to be sure that it's really the same board and not a clone one.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, mobo makers usually update their boards with fixes of problems the original version has plus they come with a newer bios.  So, say the VRMS were bad on the rev 1 board, right?  They might have fixed it with a newer version of said board.  The original rev had more yellow/gold on the board than the second rev.  But, that's just an updated version of the HD3 Z97 from Gigabyte.  It's a good board, but the gaming 5 and 7 are better boards, I  believe.

Well, I want the cheapest choice I can get, I found this one Z97, LGA1150 which is all I want.

Oh ... the gaming 5 and 7 from MSI, yeah they would be better choices but they're double the price. My Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97 broke today and I had this board since 2014, I went too far with this board because one GPU is enough for me and also was an expensive choice.

But it could had some good features like onboard creative blaster sound solution, I don't know if another descent would provide same sound quality.

Could you send me the link please?

Oh didn't know about this page. refurb parts could be a very good choice especially from the same company.

Well, I guess I only have this choice.

How about choices on ebay? Would you recommend buying genuine used MBs from ebay other than getting a NOT SURE one from Aliexpress?

About the Gigabyte gaming, what's the difference to HD3 ? It's Z97. Isn't that enough for gaming level? Is it the same performance?

So you recommend ebay over Aliexpress?

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

As for the last question, it can be faster.

Only faster? How about the quality of the parts? is it the same? So I know if used one from ebay is better than a new one from Aliexpress.

You're right! thanks a lot for the support :) really enjoyed chatting with you.

If you have anything to tell me about for my next MB, I would be happy to know about it.

You know what? I have to ask about something else, maybe it's not the MB. I think it could be also the CPU.

Yeah, you're right, but the guy in YesTechCity youtube channel, bought parts from Aliexpress and built a gaming PC, I think he just bought the GPU from Amazon, other parts from Aliexpress and it works very nice.

In this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou1-hZpGSek&t=4s