notification weirdness...

i refreshed the forum home page, and all of a sudden i had a notification. so it's not automatically showing me them sometimes..

i did just get a notification and it showed me though, so i don't know if that was just a one time glitch...

browser: Chromium 68.0.3440.75

She/Her

I would say that there's some delay and you happened to refresh page at the moment when it was delivered. If this would be constant, and notifs would be saying "x minutes ago" instead of "just now", then you might have found something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you leave the site open for a while, the background checking for notifications becomes less frequent, then it stops after an hour or two; when it stops you get a pause icon in the tab title.

HTTP/2 203

• 1 month later...

this issue has come back. i won't get notifications, i'll refresh the page and all of a sudden i'll have a bunch of them. the last time it happened, a minute ago, i had 5 notifications. 

Chromium Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

Manjaro Linux

She/Her

@Crunchy DragonSame, I've just been ignoring it.

Mac OS El Captian ( 2007 macbook and I actually first starting experiencing glitches on it before anything and so I blammed it on the old hardware lol )  ( , Blackarch linux 2018.06.01 ( recently switched and even before I switched to that linux distro I had kali linux and it still glitched ) / win xp sp3 32bit ( same on win xp as well ) 

Linux and win xp was on a vpn so I thought it was a network issue but apparently not. 

Obviously it probably isn't something exclusively to certain peoples computers on the forum. I thought the update would cover this because I was experiencing this before the update

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

Before you switch back to the tab, does it have a pause icon in the title (next to the favicon)? And how long had the tab been inactive before you switched back to it?

HTTP/2 203

17 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Before you switch back to the tab, does it have a pause icon in the title (next to the favicon)? And how long had the tab been inactive before you switched back to it?

No pause icon, and a couple minutes... 15 minutes at most...

She/Her

21 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Sometimes it'll happen when I'm on the page itself.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

No pause icon, and a couple minutes... 15 minutes at most...

How new were the notifications that you received? The forum only checks for new notifications every 3 minutes (it starts faster, but decays), so if the notifications arrived after it last checked then it can only find out after you visited.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sometimes it'll happen when I'm on the page itself.

There should still be a pause icon in the title bar before you reload if there's a problem.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

How new were the notifications that you received? The forum only checks for new notifications every 3 minutes (it starts faster, but decays), so if the notifications arrived after it last checked then it can only find out after you visited.

i don't know. it's been a few days...

that pause icon is also broken for me i think, because if i don't touch the tab with the forum in it for a while the pause icon doesn't appear.... 

She/Her

17 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't know. it's been a few days...

that pause icon is also broken for me i think, because if i don't touch the tab with the forum in it for a while the pause icon doesn't appear.... 

It takes over an hour to appear I believe. Unless the browser has completely unloaded the tab (which I'm not aware of any desktop browsers doing), it should be working, you just haven't waited long enough.

HTTP/2 203