BottleNeck Gtx 1080 with R5 1600

Shadador

I need Actual help, i have a r5 1600 running at 3.8 Ghz with b350 tomahawk mobo, 16gb of vengence 3200mhz ram, gtx 1080 not overclocked, with 600 w power supply. in gta with max settings and advanced graphics on except extended shadow distance off and at 1080p with 4x msaa i get like 65 fps and the gpu is sitting at somewhere around 70% usage but when i go to youtube people running at the same exact settings and near same specs they are getting 100 - 110. i have v-sync off so thats not the reason, i've formated my computer once to try and fix it. previously i had a gtx 960 2gb model in it and i upgraded to the 1080.

So i started to play the game again and its sitting around 40% usage with 55 - 60 fps

What is your CPU usage during all of this?

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Just now, Unimaginative Name said:

What is your CPU usage during all of this?

AROUND 40 - 50 % sorry caps

Make sure your frames aren't capped anywhere. A CPU bottleneck is usually evident by high CPU usage and low GPU usage and vice versa for a GPU bottleneck. What about other games? Make sure you installed the correct drivers and got rid of the old ones when you swapped cards. Make sure you have the correct drivers right now. 

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Just now, Unimaginative Name said:

Make sure your frames aren't capped anywhere. A CPU bottleneck is usually evident by high CPU usage and low GPU usage and vice versa for a GPU bottleneck. What about other games? Make sure you installed the correct drivers and got rid of the old ones when you swapped cards. Make sure you have the correct drivers right now. 

i do have the right drivers installed this werid thing is also seen in fallout 4 at max settings 1080p.... Bo3.

4 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

Hmmm, maybe you need a higher wattage PSU.

600W is plenty for the hardware he has though.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Finwillwin said:

Not with an overclocked CPU.

Yes even then it's fine.

13 hours ago, Shadador said:

AROUND 40 - 50 % sorry caps

Is that overall usage? What does the per core usage look like? Maybe the games are running on a single core.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

19 hours ago, crosstiger said:

Yes even then it's fine.

Is that overall usage? What does the per core usage look like? Maybe the games are running on a single core.

that is 40 - 50 % gpu usage

+

2 hours ago, Shadador said:

that is 40 - 50 % gpu usage

+

And per core cpu usage?

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan