nexus 5

qwertywarrior

buy it

it replaced my aging HTC one S (CM10.2)

the N5 is fast

easy to unlock and root took me 1 min  unlike the hell that is HTC

its fast.... i didnt expect how fast this thing would be ITS FAST every thing is just instantaneous (disabled transition in the dev menu to make it even faster)

battery life is pretty good 

build quality is impressive

the screen doesnt have deep colors like my One S but i really dont mind it

be sure to buy ur nexus 5 from the play store so u can get the newer batches that fixes the rattling issues

since im outside the US the N5 is around 460$ almost as expensive as the LG G2 u might ask ur self why didnt i just buy the G2 ?

the G2 has a better quality screen - cool trackpad thing on the back and bigger screen

the N5 wins because its a NEXUS !!! faster updates no bloat !

soylent green is people !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I have a Nexus 5 and I'm glad you like it :)

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have a Nexus 5 and I'm glad you like it :)

i installed a power menu MOD

pretty handy if your addicted to tweaking

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i installed a power menu MOD

pretty handy if your addicted to tweaking

How's the battery life so far? From looking at reviews and stuff, it seems to be the only downside to an awesome phone. I just got a galaxy note 3, so I'm not exactly in the market :P Just interested.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

How's the battery life so far? From looking at reviews and stuff, it seems to be the only downside to an awesome phone. I just got a galaxy note 3, so I'm not exactly in the market :P Just interested.

battery life is an odd subject here

it depends on how u use it

i remember linus saying it lasts him the whole day

ill report back tomorrow

ill use my phone lots

I average ~4 hours SoT, with mostly web browsing using data, texting, and maybe 2 calls that last 2-3 minutes, and 2 hours of music and half an hour of gaming, light games like SpellTower. Brightness is usually on auto the whole day.

Standby times are decent, 2-5 percent overnight, which isn't as bad. Mostly cell standby because of a poor signal where I live.

I've gotten 3 days with light usage. Light usage being just texting and some music, connected to wifi for checking email.

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I average ~4 hours SoT, with mostly web browsing using data, texting, and maybe 2 calls that last 2-3 minutes, and 2 hours of music and half an hour of gaming, light games like SpellTower. Brightness is usually on auto the whole day.

Standby times are decent, 2-5 percent overnight, which isn't as bad. Mostly cell standby because of a poor signal where I live.

I've gotten 3 days with light usage. Light usage being just texting and some music, connected to wifi for checking email.

Sounds pretty epic. Far better than I've heard some people get. What are your tips for getting the most out of a battery? I wanna see how long I can make 3200mAh last :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Sounds pretty epic. Far better than I've heard some people get. What are your tips for getting the most out of a battery? I wanna see how long I can make 3200mAh last :P

I've undervolted my gnex by 100mv before and got an additional 20 minutes of SoT, but that's not where most of the battery life is, it's mostly in the screen and background apps.

On a nexus 5, auto is very bright, some may say too bright, so you can move the slider to ~10 percent, and it's still very usable when the sun isn't directly above you. I tried this and got an additional half an hour of battery life.

Also, make sure you know what's running on your phone. Turn off instant notifications for facebook or twitter if you don't need them.

I've set twitter to refresh the feed only when I launch the app. (no point in refreshing the feed when you're not looking at it and you know you have a reliable internet connection)

Turn off location reporting and location in general and bluetooth when not using it. NFC is always on, on my phone, because I actually use Android Beam, and it doesn't drain battery anymore. Probably an Android 4.4 optimization.

Other than that, the phone charges pretty fast when plugged into the wall. I still prefer charging over usb, even if it's ~500 milliamps compared to 1200 with the included charger.

What is the option for turning off transitions in the developer menu?

Open settings

Go to About phone

Tap on build number ~10 times

In the settings you'll have a developer options button

Tap on developer options

turn off all 3 animations

pictures: http://imgur.com/a/mn2f3

I'll will flash Franco kernel and lock the CPU at 1.5 GHz and also flash the moto x dalvik optimization so I can balance things out  and see how much of an improvement that will make