How to find Microsoft Office licence key on PC after Install???

irishdab

Ok here is the back story. I work for a company that has 60 or so Windows Surface tablets out in the field along with 3 offices with 5-10 desktop pc in each office. All PC 's licences are valid and paid for. The problem is that the guy that rolled all this hardware out did not record any of the licences keys for Windows 10 or Microsoft Office. So now we have an issue where if a tablet needs replacing we don't know what keys are on it. We had Microsoft come in an audit us to make sure we were legit and the let us off since we had enough keys for the amount of pc we have. (In fact we got too many keys.) 

So my question is: Is there a way to find out what the install key was used to install Microsoft office on each system? ( Like in windows registry of each pc? ) We would like to create a spreadsheet and start tracking this. 

It depends on which version of Office. 2013 & 2016 don't store the entire key so they key cannot be recovered, only the last 5 digits of it. 2010 & earlier do and there's software which will recover it for you.

Have a read through this - https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-microsoft-office-product-keys-2625117

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

To add,

If you have Office 365, than it is all linked via the company Office 365 account. So you need the login for that account.

Are those commercial licenses bought in bulk? Or consumer licenses just bought one at at time or when needed?

Commercial licenses in bulk are easy to track for MS but the other types well let's just say they're a nightmare.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Thank you all for the help. It seems it is more of a mess then we thought. The 365 office products shouldn't be too hard as they are linked to the company office account. With that said we seem to have 3 different versions out there. Some were bought as a group others were bought one at a time. There are tablets no lie from one side of Canada to the other. Starting to think I should use my vacation time and hope they get if figured out by the time I get back.