Internet suddenly went down last night

Nelson Feng

So my internet suddenly went down completely since last night, though it's not the first time I've experience it not being able to be fixed by a reboot, it is definitely the first time it doesn't come back up by itself in the morning.

I've tried doing my own simple tests and concluded that it doesn't have anything to do with my wifi router since it seems there's no connection even after connecting my laptop directly to the modem. I also noticed that the indicator lights show no upstream signal whatsoever, LED it's completely off.

Any ideas if this could mean a problem with the modem or the ISP? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to networking so any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

ISP or Modem. That's the only thing I can tell ya. Most likely either the modem which you have reset doesn't work or died or the ISP you're using has failed and it's not receiving the signal which allows your modem to access the internet. 

I would call your ISP to find out more but it sounds like an ISP issue.

3 minutes ago, Nelson Feng said:

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It might be an outage at your ISP, could be really anything, in my case it was that one of the distribution boxes that was designated for my area had a lose connection because of heavy storms and rain, the dude pluged it back in and there it is, I got internet again.

If possible, I'd try to connect something (laptop or your PC) directly to the modem, if it doesn't work, it could be your modem (a bit hasty generalization though).

But.... Just to confirm it, you can also call your ISP and tell what's wrong, hopefully it's just ISP so you don't have to replace anything. But you have to wait until the ISP figures their issue out (which can take some time, can be irritating to be honest).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold