Are STP/FTP ethernet cables worth it using a PowerLine?

Hi, everyone!

I use a PowerLine in my home to connect my laptop via ethernet, so I have better internet, lower ping, etc. I was thinking of buying cat6 cables to replace the ones it came with, which are cat5, not even cat5e. They can still handle a 1Gbps connection because they're really short, but still, I'd prefer having cat6 just to be sure I'll never have a problem with bandwidth.

The thing is, I was looking for cables and came across different types, such as UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) and FTP (Foiled-screen Twisted Pair), and googled it to find that the UTP have no "insulation" to interference and the FTP ones have. But since I'm using PowerLine, wouldn't it be worthless to get the FTP ones since part of the circuit is through the house's electric wiring, which, I'm pretty sure have a lot of interference?

Thanks in advance!

i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 MAX-Q | 16 GB DDR4 | SM961 NVMe SSD 256 GB |

If you can reach 1g on cat5, cat 6 will make no difference. I see no reason to upgrade.

Sheilded cables normally make most sense outside or with lots of other cables where interference is a problem. For most uses UTP is fine.

UTP is fine for your environment. 

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

Alright, thank you, guys!

Cheers

i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 MAX-Q | 16 GB DDR4 | SM961 NVMe SSD 256 GB |