Is any of my PSUs sufficient for the Sapphire r9 390?

Settlerteo
4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Because capacitors are aging chemically as well as one of their main component is chemical. So even if you do not use them, they age and might as well die.

And with age they don't get better because things change. Like the Power Saving Mechanisms.

So you should get rid of both PSU and buy one decent one as both are pretty shit.

As they are both ancient, group regulated, entry level units wich barely are inside the ATX Specification...

And other newer games don't run at all because they need SSE4.2 wich the Phenom does not have and thus don't start or crash on start...

Well you seem to not have any idea at all and you also seem unable to have a conversation, or maybe you don't want to read what i am writing and respond in a way we can give/take opinions/advice. So i am going to respond in the way you like. When i knew what a capacitor was and how it ages you didn't know the existence of a logical board at all. I never said these psus are better now, of course they are worse than the day i bought them but since i keep them in good condition and since i had them both under UPS protection all these years their numbers from my multimeter calculations still look good. 
   Now about the games, i never asked your opinion about what games i can play with my phenom. The newest games i want to play i can play them. If you can't or don't want to be helpful try to ignore posts, people seek advice for sth. 

Have a good day

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's from a major tech reviewer, that's trusted by most. I think it's your job to prove that's it's wrong and not the other way around.

Of course, you're right and that's what i am going to try and do.

6 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

So i am going to respond in the way you like.

If you don't want an honest oppionion that might be contary to what you think/believe, why ask at all?!

When i knew what a capacitor was and how it ages you didn't know the existence of a logical board at all.

What?!

I never said these psus are better now, of course they are worse than the day i bought them but since i keep them in good condition and since i had them both under UPS protection all these years their numbers from my multimeter calculations still look good. 

If you don't understand what the other party is saying, ask nicely and they will reply in an equally nice manner.

But what you are saying here is bullshit. You can't see the condition of the PSU/Capacitors with a simple Multimeter. That is not the right tool for it. And you don't have the possibility to test the PSU according to the ATX specification, thus can not know if the Capacitors seem to be OK or not because you won't have the Equipment for such tests.

Anyway, since you don't want to hear that its possible to damage your components with your ancient, group regulated PSU from ~10 Years ago, well, what else is there to say? 

Here some links:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=30

Zalman, wich you can expect to have a couple of dead Caps on the Secondary side as all PSU based on that Plattform will. So that is ready for the bin and should not be used.

The GX is a bit beter, though there are 3 different versions...

Anyway, it failed in the HardOCP Parcours and got a 7 from Jonnyguru.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=188

A 7 is abysmal by the way...

Here is the 650W at HardOCP:

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/9

Those PSU are both bad and must not be used with modern components!

And the R9-290 is a modern component with modern power saving mechanisms and high speed current changes, wich these ancient things are not made for.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

If you don't want an honest oppionion that might be contary to what you think/believe, why ask at all?!

What?!

If you don't understand what the other party is saying, ask nicely and they will reply in an equally nice manner.

But what you are saying here is bullshit. You can't see the condition of the PSU/Capacitors with a simple Multimeter. That is not the right tool for it. And you don't have the possibility to test the PSU according to the ATX specification, thus can not know if the Capacitors seem to be OK or not because you won't have the Equipment for such tests.

Anyway, since you don't want to hear that its possible to damage your components with your ancient, group regulated PSU from ~10 Years ago, well, what else is there to say? 

Here some links:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=30

Zalman, wich you can expect to have a couple of dead Caps on the Secondary side as all PSU based on that Plattform will. So that is ready for the bin and should not be used.

The GX is a bit beter, though there are 3 different versions...

Anyway, it failed in the HardOCP Parcours and got a 7 from Jonnyguru.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=188

A 7 is abysmal by the way...

Here is the 650W at HardOCP:

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/9

Those PSU are both bad and must not be used with modern components!

And the R9-290 is a modern component with modern power saving mechanisms and high speed current changes, wich these ancient things are not made for.

No my friend you misunderstood. I wanted the answers and i took the advice from the previous posts that neither of these psus would be sufficient for many reasons and that it would be risky. But that was all i needed. I never asked about SSEs and i was always polite with my answers.
<<An honest opinion is not to say to someone your thing is crap, i will never take such an opinion seriously>>
Anyway i thank you too for your time. I think i got my answers from the first posts(that's why the conversation didn't need to continue at all because it went pretty off talking about cpus, games, why i will buy an 850 psu, etc)and i think that my post is resolved.