Is this a "good" Mid level gaming system

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
12 minutes ago, StarfleetCap said:

I agree, even with 2 1070 ti, it doesn't need over 800-900 watts.

For 2x 1070tis + 8700k you would be looking at a good quality 750W unit. 1070tis consume up to around 250W give or take a bit with overclocking and GPU boost. So looking at about 500W for the GPUs under full GPU load. 250W will be plenty for the rest of the system.

2 minutes ago, StarfleetCap said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WbY4Bb 

You probably don't need that much watts

For an 8700k + 2x 1080tis I'd go with 850W just to give plenty of room for overclocking the CPU.

21 minutes ago, slysnake96 said:

As i mentioned in the OP Some of the parts i already have in my current setup.

What's your current set up? What CPU/platform are you upgrading from?

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Australia doesn't have newegg, and Amazon is fairly new here. Haven't tried their return policy yet. Looking at Amazon AU's website it does state that it allows change of mind returns for up to 30 days after purchase, providing that the item is still sealed in its original packaging (unopened). Not sure if that's the same in other countries, but if you have already built the system then it appears you're S.O.O.L.

Just something I was curious about as I often see people recommending "Return that part and buy this cheaper/better one instead" on new build threads and was wondering how common it is and how stores accept change of mind returns on opened PC parts.

As far as i know it is pretty common for people to do returns online and most stores IRL will be fine with a change of mind return so long as it was not opened.
Also they generally don't accept returns if it was opened unless it has a legit reason such as manufacturing defects or DOA parts.