Please Help!!!

Im currently building my pc... sorta, and i need some help. I currently am using a HP Pro Desktop with a core i5-2300 and a 265watt psu on windows 10 pro, I bought a PNY GTX 1050 2gb thinking i could slap it in the pc and it would work just fine, but it didnt. the prebuilt that i have has a coupertino 2 motherboard witch apparently doesnt support gpus.so when the gpu is in and i boot it up it  gets stuck on the HP boot screen. So im planning on buying a case a motherboard and a new more powerful psu. but i dont know what kind of motherboard to buy for the cpu (core i5-2300) Its a lga 1155 but i dont know where to find a decent one for a cheap price that will be compatible and that supports gpus... PLEASE HELP!

Those 1155 boards are kinda hard to come by now but I’ll give it a look. What is your budget?

I was trying to stay around maybe $65 or lower if possible? 

3 minutes ago, Vacidddddd said:

I was trying to stay around maybe $65 or lower if possible? 

You will need to do some hunting on eBay or Craigslist for that price point. Newegg has quite a few but they are all over $100. 

Heres one on ebay I just found. 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MSI-MS-7788-H61M-P31-G3-Intel-LGA1155-mATX-Motherboard-I-O-Shield/183365961099?hash=item2ab176858b%3Ag%3A-SQAAOSwliJbac6S%3Asc%3AUSPSPriority!77037!US!-1&_nkw=1155+motherboard&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X11.TRS0

Thank you! Do you know if the gtx 1050 2gb and core i5-2300 would work with a 265 watt psu for a while until i can afford another one?

19 minutes ago, Vacidddddd said:

Thank you! Do you know if the gtx 1050 2gb and core i5-2300 would work with a 265 watt psu for a while until i can afford another one?

I’d say that would be too much for that pay. At idle or basic web browsing you would be fine but as soon as you start doing anything that brings the CPU or GPU above 50% usage you’ll get a nice blue screen if not worse. I’d go up to around 400watts if I were you. Personally I wouldn’t go below that but you could get away with 350 I believe depending on your setup.

1 minute ago, patric_o said:

I’d go up to around 400watts if I were you. Personally I wouldn’t go below that but you could get away with 350 I believe depending on your setup.

Pro tip: it’s always a good idea to give yourself a little elbow room when it comes to wattage. Just in case everything decides to spin up at once. Also NEVER cheap out on a power supply. Try to stick with reliable name brands because when a power supply goes out then there is a very high possibility that multiple components or your whole system could go out with it. 

Dang, Okay, These were the parts i was looking to buy for it.

But i was gonna try to build my computer with the 1050 and the i5 2300 with the 265 watt psu just so i could make sure everything was working correctly because right now i can only afford the motherboard. and i was gonna buy t he psu later 

Capture.JPG

10 minutes ago, Vacidddddd said:

But i was gonna try to build my computer with the 1050 and the i5 2300 with the 265 watt psu just so i could make sure everything was working correctly because right now i can only afford the motherboard. and i was gonna buy t he psu later 

Capture.JPG

You could try to test it with the 265 psu but do not put any kind of load on it. I’d even recommend loading the OS on a flash drive just so you don’t have to power and kind of hard drive or SSD. Although they don’t take much I would just do that to be safe.