BUILD MY FIRST PC!

Hey Guys, 

I'm gonna build my first Windows PC.  After many years with Mac. Now I  am switching for Good!  

first of all,  I am Photographer & Video Editor -- > looking forward for Editing PC / Games :x

Alright, I don't want go overkill with the systems,  All I aim for is Strong Processor (Ryzen 7) + Big ass Ram (Full ram 32GB) + Appropriate Graphic Card (GTX 1050ti <---- in my mind) 

Please suggest the Good Recipe please......  

Regards,

MJ <---------- 

Ryzen? I suggest Intel Especially for editing and i think GTX 1050 Ti is too low

@kimikomon

Alright explain more detail please.  Because So far I got the strongest opinion on current set up

What is your budget?

What editing software do you use?

Do you need peripherals? (Monitor, keyboard etc)

Do you want OS to be included in the price?

Ignore what i said

Edited by G0rg3us_fr33man
I'm a real nutcase

see the build that Maxxine did, used an i-5 8400 and z370i board, and either 16 or 32 gb ram depending on budget. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

2 minutes ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

Here's a list of some Components that could fit together

AMD RYZEN 7 1800X (AM4, 3.60GHz, Unlocked)

Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD (1x, 32GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC (4GB)

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

Corsair Vengeance 500

Samsung 860 EVO Basic (500GB, 2.5")

Sharkoon TG5

Optional:

WD Blue (1TB, 3.5", Desktop)

Everything here just isnt great value.

@Mac_nfs87 ill give recommendation. Just answrr my questions above an i will provide a good value build

I am happy to see that you are focusing on 32GB minimum for an editing build.

The CPU recommendation is predominately on what software you plan to be using, so that detail is critical here.

How complex are the projects and how much storage do you think you'll need? Do not skimp out on storage.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

@Mac_nfs87 i hope you ignore any of the builds above. They arent personolized for you, your budget and your workload. Something that is very important to achieve the best experience and build possible. 

15 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

@Mac_nfs87 ill give recommendation. Just answrr my questions above an i will provide a good value build

How much the cost for this ?   

15 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

i got GTX 1050ti   already  .... 

13 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

I am happy to see that you are focusing on 32GB minimum for an editing build.

The CPU recommendation is predominately on what software you plan to be using, so that detail is critical here.

How complex are the projects and how much storage do you think you'll need? Do not skimp out on storage.

Storage I can use around 256/512 SSD / M2   

ok.  i got GTX 1050Ti. ....   having full ram and power processor does this compliment the system nicely ?  meaning i do not have to spend too much on the graphic card

4 hours ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

Storage I can use around 256/512 SSD / M2   

ok.  i got GTX 1050Ti. ....   having full ram and power processor does this compliment the system nicely ?  meaning i do not have to spend too much on the graphic card

The 1050ti isnt a great gaming nor productivity GPU.

Again. What kind of PC you get is based on your budget. How much money do you have to spend on this PC?

19 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

What is your budget?

Do you need peripherals? (Monitor, keyboard etc)

Do you want OS to be included in the price?

Answer these questions and i will be able to help.

i got GTX 1050ti   already  .... 

No problem. We can allways adjust things. You might end up selling the GPU. Offcourse this is all dependant on the budget.

How much the cost for this ?   

Nothing. I just need a bit of info an ill recommend a build. The build will cost somewhere from 700-3000$. Though it is all dependant on your budget 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The 1050ti isnt a great gaming nor productivity GPU.

Again. What kind of PC you get is based on your budget. How much money do you have to spend on this PC?

Answer these questions and i will be able to help.

No problem. We can allways adjust things. You might end up selling the GPU. Offcourse this is all dependant on the budget.

Nothing. I just need a bit of info an ill recommend a build. The build will cost somewhere from 700-3000$. Though it is all dependant on your budget 

Budget --> 1500USD

10 minutes ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

Budget --> 1500USD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($296.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB DUAL Video Card  ($239.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1450.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-08 02:28 EDT-0400

This would be the build id recommend. Sell your Gtx 1050ti and buy the GPU mentioned above, or a Gtx 1060 6GB. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 

This would be the build id recommend. Sell your Gtx 1050ti and buy the GPU mentioned above, or a Gtx 1060 6GB. 

are you referring to Graphic Cards

---> Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB DUAL Video Card  ($239.89 @ OutletPC)     

3 minutes ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

are you referring to Graphic Cards

---> Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB DUAL Video Card  ($239.89 @ OutletPC)     

Indeed. That or a GTX 1060 6GB. Whatever is cheaper. They arent the best GPUs in the world, but they are way better than the 1050ti.

Also dont look at card branding. Grab the cheapest RX 580 8GB you find or cheapest Gtx 1060 6GB

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Indeed. That or a GTX 1060 6GB. Whatever is cheaper. They arent the best GPUs in the world, but they are way better than the 1050ti.

Also dont look at card branding. Grab the cheapest RX 580 8GB you find or cheapest Gtx 1060 6GB

But lots of complaints on the RX580, Thermal paste issue ?  how bad is bad and for my particular activity (Video Editing) . does this annoying sometimes ? 

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I condone the whole build, although the OP didn't answer your questions to make it easier. The only thing i would change is the barracuda with a new WD black 4 or 6 TB with 256 cache. Unfortunately this goes a bit off of his budget. Kudos for the build for @Mac_nfs87

9 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

I condone the whole build, although the OP didn't answer your questions to make it easier. The only thing i would change is the barracuda with a new WD black 4 or 6 TB with 256 cache. Unfortunately this goes a bit off of his budget. Kudos for the build for @Mac_nfs87

WD black 4 or 6 TB with 256 cache.  <--- is it fast ?   

sorry noob in the making of PC.    btw RX580 is good or bad ?   what makes different from GTX ? 

15 minutes ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

But lots of complaints on the RX580, Thermal paste issue ?  how bad is bad and for my particular activity (Video Editing) . does this annoying sometimes ? 

RX 580 doesnt have any issues i am aware of. Thermals paste shouldnt be an issue. It is on par with the GTX 1060 6GB in gaming, but the GTX 1060 6GB is better for videoediting. 

What video editing software do you use? It influences the CPU choice. 

And yes. Grab a large HDD if you can. 

Something 3-4 TB drive from wstern digital or seagate.

9 minutes ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

1. WD black 4 or 6 TB with 256 cache.  <--- is it fast ?   

2. sorry noob in the making of PC.    btw RX580 is good or bad ?   what makes different from GTX ? 

1. Faster, especially in IOPS (so how many actions it can perform per second), but not enough to warrant the premium.

2. RX580 is a great card. It's different from a Geforce card because it's made by AMD. Performance is generally better than the GTX1060 6GB which costs about the same.

That said, if your software is CUDA accelerated (you still didn't specify, please try to answer @GoldenLag's questions before posting anything ever again) you'll want the 1060 instead.

EDIT: Also, your profile says you're in Malaysia, USD pricing in the US isn't representative for you, so there's that....

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

1. Faster, especially in IOPS (so how many actions it can perform per second), but not enough to warrant the premium.

2. RX580 is a great card. It's different from a Geforce card because it's made by AMD. Performance is generally better than the GTX1060 6GB which costs about the same.

That said, if your software is CUDA accelerated (you still didn't specify, please try to answer @GoldenLag's questions before posting anything ever again) you'll want the 1060 instead.

EDIT: Also, your profile says you're in Malaysia, USD pricing in the US isn't representative for you, so there's that....

USD just a rough figure for my purchase.    

any RX video card is better than 580 ?     or this graphic card is good enough for video editing ? 

1 minute ago, Mac_nfs87 said:

any RX video card is better than 580 ?     or this graphic card is good enough for video editing ? 

You're pretty dense I see.

WHICH VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE ARE YOU GOING TO USE?

Thx.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro