Cant get into my Bios

FruuzZ

Hello,

So my problem seems really simple but i have been dealing with it for a couple of months now.

i just cant get into my Bios. The moment i turn on my pc, my usb keyboard wont turn on until my pc is fully booted.

I tried every single usb port on my pc on the motherboard itself and even the front usb ports but nothing seems to change.

I even tried multiple keyboards (Razer Deathstalker, Logitech G510, and some other cheap logitech wireless keyboard) they all have the proper drivers installed but it just does not let me use the keyboard to press the F2 key.

The motherboard i use is an Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3

i hope somebody knows what to do.

Use just a basic wired keyboard, or even a ps/2 keyboard if you can find one and if your motherboard has that port.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

the Razer and G510 are wired actually

Some motherboards have a feature where holding the power button for a certain amount of time will boot you into the bios. I don't have any experience with ASRock, so I can't tell you if it is a feature, or if it needs to be enabled when you do have access to the BIOS.

For my current Z97-G45, it needs to be enabled.
For my previous 990FXA-UD3 it was enabled by default.
I don't recall using the feature much, if ever, previous to these two boards, however.

Give it a shot, though. Press and hold the power button for anywhere from two to 10 seconds i'd say would be a good range. Worst that can come from it is a bit of wasted time, and perhaps a slightly flatter finger for a short while.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Have you tried clearing CMOS? 

I wonder if fast boot is making it difficult for you to get to bios menu.

good luck

50 minutes ago, Semper said:

Some motherboards have a feature where holding the power button for a certain amount of time will boot you into the bios. I don't have any experience with ASRock, so I can't tell you if it is a feature, or if it needs to be enabled when you do have access to the BIOS.

For my current Z97-G45, it needs to be enabled.
For my previous 990FXA-UD3 it was enabled by default.
I don't recall using the feature much, if ever, previous to these two boards, however.

Give it a shot, though. Press and hold the power button for anywhere from two to 10 seconds i'd say would be a good range. Worst that can come from it is a bit of wasted time, and perhaps a slightly flatter finger for a short while.

I will try this next thing in the morning, ill let you know!