Low FPS on Every game i go on

holywavo

So I've been on many games such as rust, fortnite etc, and i have been experiencing really low frames for every game i play (eg Fornite 20fps, normally 200fps, Rust 15fps, normally 100fps) and this only has been happening recently and since i dont know the most about computers i was wondering if someone could help me and simplify it for me. I also need to apparently install/update my PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller, PCI Device and SM Bus Controller, and i was wondering if any of this had to do with it. But if it does i would need help on installing it too.

Specs: 

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Motherboard: ASRock but for some reason model isnt shown

Memory: 16GB RAM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)image.png.40a99cebcb10bf6dd973923fd0c5884e.png

On 05/08/2018 at 9:15 PM, Majestic said:

You're missing your chipset drivers. Start by going to your motherboard manuf. website and downloading all the drivers and installing them.

But you're probably stuck at 800mhz, i've seen this so many times now. Look at this topic:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/955114-cpu-usage-at-100/?tab=comments#comment-11602812

I have an ASRock motherboard and i didn't have the settings it said on the other thread.

Also this is the usage of my components. It says my clock speed is at 3.5ghz which i don't understand.image.png.8d8c272449c821d863f3cca91336a7ff.png

On 05/08/2018 at 9:15 PM, Majestic said:

You're missing your chipset drivers. Start by going to your motherboard manuf. website and downloading all the drivers and installing them.

But you're probably stuck at 800mhz, i've seen this so many times now. Look at this topic:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/955114-cpu-usage-at-100/?tab=comments#comment-11602812

And also when i go onto the ASrock website to download the drivers it comes up with a lot of different downloads and i'm not sure which one to install.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

The ones for your motherboard and Operating system. There can only be one. 

And don't run an SSD so full, they become super slow. Max is 80%

My manual told me to just go on the ASRock website and then when I do and go on downloads it comes up with so many different downloads and I don’t know which to pick. Also will downloading this will fix the problem?

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

The ones for your motherboard and Operating system. There can only be one. 

And don't run an SSD so full, they become super slow. Max is 80%

Please help, cant run any games without low fps. And now it seems as if the PCI Device and the other two things have disappeared from my device manager, so i tried going back onto a game but still low fps.image.png.4271ceb95ab0517ebfd52d1bb805758a.png

2 minutes ago, holywavo said:

Would you not just be able to tell me what to do ? :(

Why would I keep writing the same thing over and over again. You know how many of these topics there are? Read the first line in the text...

39 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Why would I keep writing the same thing over and over again. You know how many of these topics there are? Read the first line in the text...

Spoiler

image.png.13eafa4672c5588a67eb03a724d081ef.png

It said to show my system information so here.

39 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Spoiler

image.png.037fc9c6d93ff959b5f442538a29d37e.png

Also to show this.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

And that is all the info i can give you, hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, holywavo said:

And that is all the info i can give you, hope this helps.

You didn't give me all the parameters I asked for. As you took CPU load, not CPU load per core. Now I can't verifiy if it's a single-thread holding back performance. Nor did you include CPU Clock, which means I can't verifiy this is running the specified speed.

From what I can tell though, is that your GPU is stuck at 2D clocks. Not sure why it's doing this, you either didn't hook up the power leads to the GPU or it's a driver bug.

1. look if the power connectors are properly hooked up to the Graphics card

2. Remove the driver with DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

You didn't give me all the parameters I asked for. As you took CPU load, not CPU load per core. Now I can't verifiy if it's a single-thread holding back performance. Nor did you include CPU Clock, which means I can't verifiy this is running the specified speed.

From what I can tell though, is that your GPU is stuck at 2D clocks. Not sure why it's doing this, you either didn't hook up the power leads to the GPU or it's a driver bug.

1. look if the power connectors are properly hooked up to the Graphics card

2. Remove the driver with DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I cant thank you enough! Turns out my power cable was slightly plugged so i pushed it in, it clicked, went back onto rust and running at 100fps max settings! Thanks again :D

1 minute ago, holywavo said:

I cant thank you enough! Turns out my power cable was slightly plugged so i pushed it in, it clicked, went back onto rust and running at 100fps max settings! Thanks again :D

See why it pays off to use this rigorous method? :)

You'd have spent ages looking otherwise.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

See why it pays off to use this rigorous method? :)

You'd have spent ages looking otherwise.

Yeah yesterday i was looking from thread to thread not finding any answers, then it being such a simple fix. Saved so much stress!