Is GTX 1050 Ti Really Bad?

1050 Ti, they always say that go for 1060 instead of 1050 Ti, but I have purchased 1050 Ti because of my tight budget! 

So is my decision of buying 1050 Ti not good or this graphics card really sucks?

(And so sorry for Bad English) 

1 minute ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

1050 Ti, they always say that go for 1060 instead of 1050 Ti, but I have purchased 1050 Ti because of my tight budget! 

So is my decision of buying 1050 Ti not good or this graphics card really sucks? 

what monitor is it running and what cpu?

It's an 'okay' card designed for entry level gamers. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

My brother has a 1050ti and hes playing most games on medium-high on most games at 60fps. And i have a 1060 6gb and high-very high on most games. If you really are on a budjet i would recommend to save some money for the 1060 6gb.

Shit english ftw

well its a lot better than the 970 or 980 but i don't think that they are that bad, as long as you tone the graphics down to medium on some new titles, you should be good.

Just be glad that you don't have integrated graphics like me :(

11 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

what monitor is it running and what cpu?

I'm using LG Lg23mp68vq monitor (1080p) and the CPU I'm using is I5 8400

6 minutes ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

Yes it is a really bad descision. If you are on a tight budget get a GTX 970 instead of a 1050 Ti. The 970 will beat the 1050Ti by a large margin at about the same price point. The 1050Ti is just bad value for the money, even though it is not much money you'll pay for it in total.

I'm using LG Lg23mp68vq monitor (1080p)

you should not see any problems playing games at medium - high settings, some games you may even be able to go higher, it is a good card just with the move to 1440p and 4k it isn't that great so thats what everyone sees which is why i think it has been given a semi bad name. 

Just now, WickedStarfish said:

you should not see any problems playing games at medium - high settings, some games you may even be able to go higher, it is a good card just with the move to 1440p and 4k it isn't that great so thats what everyone sees which is why i think it has been given a semi bad name. 

Hmm... Right

Then I will return my Graphics Card to the shopkeeper and will buy 1060 instead

Spoiler

(BTW, From where I purchased this will surely replace with 1060 because it is only 5 Days new!)

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

The card is perfectly fine. It's price - performance ratio isn't as good as the 1060.

Yes I think so and Hello Bro

Hmm... Right

Then I will return my Graphics Card to the shopkeeper and will buy 1060 instead

Hide contents

(BTW, From where I purchased this will surely replace with 1060 because it is only 5 Days new!)

i was just saying that when people say its a bad card they are probably referring to the 1440p and above resolutions for 1080p it will run everything at medium - high settings - a 1060 will do 1080p at ultra and 1440p at a similar medium - high settings, than that moves to the 1070 and then next the 1080.

that is from what i have seen, when i build my sister a computer i will probably go a 1050ti unless i will not use the 1060 that i currently have along with a 1080, as the 1050 is quite a good card for 1080p. 

with a 1050 with 1 display you should not see many issues, i only went for the 1060 as i wanted to run 2 monitors and a tv off of it 

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

when i build my sister a computer i will probably go a 1050ti

Why? There is no reason at all to choose a 1050 Ti over a GTX 970. The 970 is superior in every way possible.

5 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

i was just saying that when people say its a bad card they are probably referring to the 1440p and above resolutions for 1080p it will run everything at medium - high settings - a 1060 will do 1080p at ultra and 1440p at a similar medium - high settings, than that moves to the 1070 and then next the 1080.

that is from what i have seen, when i build my sister a computer i will probably go a 1050ti unless i will not use the 1060 that i currently have along with a 1080, as the 1050 is quite a good card for 1080p. 

with a 1050 with 1 display you should not see many issues, i only went for the 1060 as i wanted to run 2 monitors and a tv off of it 

But I'm gonna run AAA titles and will be doing some heavy After Effects tasks so that's why I decided to replace my 1050 Ti with 1060 or else I will gift this graphics card to my brother If the shopkeeper won't agree to take 1050Ti back

Spoiler

I know my English really sucks so forgive me about that

But I'm gonna run AAA titles and will be doing some heavy After Effects tasks so that's why I decided to replace my 1050 Ti with 1060 or else I will gift this graphics card to my brother If the shopkeeper won't agree to take 1050Ti

Hide contents

well a 6Gb 1060 would be better for your needs over a 1050. 

Just now, WickedStarfish said:

well a 6Gb 1060 would be better for your needs over a 1050. 

Yeah, I'm thinking to buy 6GB variant!

Just now, Mr. Question Asker said:

Yeah, I'm thinking to buy 6GB variant!

do you know which brand?

do you know which brand?

MSI or Zotac and Thanks you are helping me a lot :)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

But I'm gonna run AAA titles and will be doing some heavy After Effects tasks so that's why I decided to replace my 1050 Ti with 1060 or else I will gift this graphics card to my brother If the shopkeeper won't agree to take 1050Ti back

Reveal hidden contents

You do realize that for buying both a 1050Ti and 1060 you could have gotten yourself a 1080, right?

the 1050ti in my htpc does a great job.  it cant game at 4k, but at 1080 its plenty good enough

Just now, Mr. Question Asker said:

MSI or Zotac and Thanks you are helping me a lot :)

i quite like the look of the gaming x model of 1060. also i wouldn't go a single fan GPU (my first gpu was single fan and it burned its self out)

i quite like the look of the gaming x model of 1060. also i wouldn't go a single fan GPU (my first gpu was single fan and it burned its self out)

Yeah, 100% right!

2 minutes ago, intender said:

the 1050ti in my htpc does a great job.  it cant game at 4k, but at 1080 its plenty good enough

:)