my computer wont turn off the display or go to screen saver

No matter what I do I can't get my computer to go to turn off the display or go to screen saver. I finally got it to go to sleep but the problem is I often use team viewer to remote into my computer from my laptop and team viewer doesn't work when it's asleep.

I've googled it and apparently this used to be a problem with a previous version of Windows 10. I know that the screen saver used to work like a less than a year ago. and only somewhat recently I found that the screen saver isn't working anymore. I've checked all the power settings. and none of them should prevent the screen saver from activating or the display from turning off.

I've set the power button to turn off the display. and the display turns off but only for 4 seconds then I see the lock screen but when I hit a key to type in my password it's not even locked. and it goes back to the desktop. is there a way to test to see what is preventing the displays from staying off? 
I can preview the screen saver and I set it to activate after 1 minute of inactivity but it never activates on its own.

I've messed with the settings in control panel and in settings and it's not working properly. 

I don't want my monitors to be displaying the lock screen all day and waste energy but i still need to be able remote into my computer
if someone could help me with a solution to any of these that would be great.