wait for the new gpu or buy a 1080 ti

Go to solution Solved by Bayonett Priest,
12 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

What GPU do you have now? If you don't need a new card right now, I'd say wait a couple months for the EVGA/STRIX/MSI/etc versions of the new card to come out. If you decide you don't need it, then the 1080 Ti should be discounted because of the release of a better card.

im planing to build a new pc cause my old pc has only an amd fx-8350 and a 980 ti founders.

and the dicsound because of the new gpu is a good tip thats the info im looking for.

i was thinking of buying the new gpu thats gonna be presented on 20 august when rumors are true. My problem now is the price: will it be 1000€+? i only have a budget until 1000€. And i dont like founders editions when are the strix, evga ectr. gonna come?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

What GPU do you have now? If you don't need a new card right now, I'd say wait a couple months for the EVGA/STRIX/MSI/etc versions of the new card to come out. If you decide you don't need it, then the 1080 Ti should be discounted because of the release of a better card.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

JEEEEZ

I don't know how many times this as been asked. It might not even be released on august 20th, that's a rumor, and there have been so many rumors about the new gen and none have been true.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

1 minute ago, emosun said:

this is the second question you've asked that requires seeing into the future , we're not gods

but maybie have knowlege that i dont have. and can give me advice what i choose so that i can decide on a motherbouard and everything else and see if any of them are on a dicount until the release of the parts. its just a upgraded coffelake generation and should have the same sockets!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Just now, Bayonett Priest said:

but maybie have knowlege that i dont have. and can give me advice what i choose so that i can decide on a motherbouard and everything else and see if any of them are on a dicount until the release of the parts. its just a upgraded coffelake generation and should have the same sockets!

Nobody has knowledge about it, just speculation, and only speculation.

Upgraded cofflelake will have the same socket, but not the same chipset most likely due to the higher number of cores. So you can't by a mobo in advance. Stop being greedy and either buy current parts or wait.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

12 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

im planing to build a new pc cause my old pc has only an amd fx-8350 and a 980 ti founders.

and the dicsound because of the new gpu is a good tip thats the info im looking for.

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

Well the CPU will be the main thing holding you back right now. Unless you have a 1440p or 4K screen the 980 Ti is already overkill, mine runs every game at 60fps on ultra with no issues (yes, even crysis) because it's 1080p. So I'd upgrade your CPU and such and then wait on the new GPUs to drop.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

No one can say. We're in a situation where we came out of a mining craze and where  NVIDIA were sitting on their arses for an extra cycle.

Lots of people that normally upgrade once a year ( or 2.. ) will be upgrading now.

How many cards will be in stock ?? Only NVIDIA knows.

IF you want a card with a custom cooler from one of the big brands then add another 3-6 months to the initial release date. You'll also need to add some time for the initial rush or if you got faith in the RNG god then you might be one of the first to have new card.

Personally I'd go with ' if you can wait, then bloody well wait'

edit:

You might want to wait for early next year and see what kind of cpu's AMD Is coming with

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

On 8/3/2018 at 3:18 PM, AskTJ said:

I would HIGHLY discourage pairing a 1080Ti with an FX 8350.

I agree and that's why I would take the money get a cheap 1080 Ti and then upgrade your CPU and MOBO

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42"