PUBG ~144 fps goes to ~50fps until reboot

Lilith Cake

hi, i have this really frustrating problem with my new PC and pubg. when i start the game and join a match i get a nearly constant 144fps and the game feels great. after what seems to be a random amount of time the game drops to 30-90 fps and stays there until i reboot my PC (restarting the game doesnt fix it).

my temps are cool (both gpu and cpu around 70c) and my clockspeeds are not dropping. 

i have tried:

reinstalling windows

stresstesting cpu, ssd, gpu,

did memorytest with mdsched.exe

updating bios

disabling HPET

reinstalling nvidia drivers

removing overclock (my 8700k runs at 4700mhz)

checked energy settings in both windows and nvidia control panel

disabling shadowplay, steam overlay

and probably more that i cant remember 

the weird thing is that i cant seem to trigger this problem with any other game or application, but when the problem occurs it also lowers my framrates in other games (unigine, gta v).

i have yet to try with different memory sticks

my specs are: 1080ti, 8700k, 16gb 2666mhz, corsair CX750, windows 10 64bit, 1440p 144hz

anyone having the same problem or know how to fix it? SUPER greatful for any help, this drives me crazy.

You can't expect PUBG to work perfectly. It might be a problem of horribly optimized game.

Have you checked RAM usage during drops? There might be a memory leak.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You can't expect PUBG to work perfectly. It might be a problem of horribly optimized game.

Have you checked RAM usage during drops? There might be a memory leak.

i know, i will try test server tonight and see if it behaves any differently. the thing that bugs me is that the framerate drops are instant, i can instantly tell when it happens and i have to reboot. and sometimes i can play a whole game without it happening.

ram usage never exeedes 7-8gb (50%)