Dedicated streaming pc

Tanmay994
Go to solution Solved by MrShinny,

Don't listen to half of what @Sfekke is saying.

If you are streaming at a fast/faster preset, a i5 8400 for dedicated streaming will be able to stream 1080p 60fps. But do ditch the GPU. Get a 1030 if you don't want to use the iGPU.

Also, switch out that capture card, you can get the same performance for much cheaper with a elgato pcie express card. Use that money to get a i7 or ryzen 7.

Do you really need a streaming PC? Are you partnered with twitch? If you are not partnered with twitch, use that "high end gaming pc" to stream at 720p 60fps. It will be much better for the viewers as the high bitrate will make some people unable to watch the stream. If you are not partnered DO NOT waste money to get a streaming PC, unless you have tons, or are partnered.

But if you still want to do it, an i5 would work great at faster encoding preset at 1080p 60fps. Switch out that mobo as well, get a b360.

This will work fine as a dedicated streaming PC, if you must buy it.

EDIT: The capture card will go into the PC running the game, not the streaming PC btw

Please help me with my streaming only pc build..

Are these configurations enough for steaming games like pubg, gta5, csgo, ranbow six, etc at 1080p 60fps medium or high settings. (without stuttering and visible lag to viewers).

Internet shoud not be a problem from my end.

I have a high end gaming pc that plays all games at max settings just fine.

config for streaming only pc..

1) Processor- i5-8400

2) MoBo- Gigabyte H310M H

3) GPU- Gigabye GTX 1050ti 4GB

4) RAM- Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400MHz

5) PSU- Antec 450 watt

6) CaptureCard- Avermedia GC570 live gamer HD 2

Any thing under this range would be fine. +100$ for visible performance boost.

And a quick question- How much data will be consumed in a month if i stream games like pubg at 1080p 60fps 8-10 hours a day because i have a data cap of 4000Gbs at 50Mbps monthly.

Should i upgrade?

Why the graphics card?

Do you have a gaming pc now?

Because  you seem to be confused what dedicated streaming PC means, it means that box only encodes & sends out the stream.

It doesn't run the game, hence it can run on integrated graphics with x264 CPU encoding.

If that is your goal, the 8400 will do fine to just stream.

If you plan to game and stream, boy oh boy you'll be disappointing.

1080P 60FPS streaming isn't something a newcomer will often be able to do, such as yourself.

You'll hit 720P 30FPS .. barely with noticeable artifacting.

GTX1060 6GB

With 16GB's of RAM

Can barely stream 720P 60FPS off of the GPU, 720P 30FPS with CPU encoding.

Personal opinion :

You are overambitious, unless you have $$$ to blow it won't be worth it.

I've streamed full time for six months, only to end up burnt out & in need of a break.

8-10 hours a day is a lot, 4000GB's will not be enough depending on what your other daily activities are.

I used upwards of 5TB's streaming an uploading the stream highlights to YouTube.

Short answer :

It won't be feasible to stream 1080P 60FPS with low-end hardware like that.

And why do you get that capture card? Plan to stream console games or am I missing something.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

If you are streaming at a fast/faster preset, a i5 8400 for dedicated streaming will be able to stream 1080p 60fps. But do ditch the GPU. Get a 1030 if you don't want to use the iGPU.

Also, switch out that capture card, you can get the same performance for much cheaper with a elgato pcie express card. Use that money to get a i7 or ryzen 7.

Do you really need a streaming PC? Are you partnered with twitch? If you are not partnered with twitch, use that "high end gaming pc" to stream at 720p 60fps. It will be much better for the viewers as the high bitrate will make some people unable to watch the stream. If you are not partnered DO NOT waste money to get a streaming PC, unless you have tons, or are partnered.

But if you still want to do it, an i5 would work great at faster encoding preset at 1080p 60fps. Switch out that mobo as well, get a b360.

EDIT: The capture card will go into the PC running the game, not the streaming PC btw

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

37 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Why the graphics card?

Do you have a gaming pc now?

Because  you seem to be confused what dedicated streaming PC means, it means that box only encodes & sends out the stream.

It doesn't run the game, hence it can run on integrated graphics with x264 CPU encoding.

If that is your goal, the 8400 will do fine to just stream.

If you plan to game and stream, boy oh boy you'll be disappointing.

1080P 60FPS streaming isn't something a newcomer will often be able to do, such as yourself.

You'll hit 720P 30FPS .. barely with noticeable artifacting.

GTX1060 6GB

With 16GB's of RAM

Can barely stream 720P 60FPS off of the GPU, 720P 30FPS with CPU encoding.

Personal opinion :

You are overambitious, unless you have $$$ to blow it won't be worth it.

I've streamed full time for six months, only to end up burnt out & in need of a break.

8-10 hours a day is a lot, 4000GB's will not be enough depending on what your other daily activities are.

I used upwards of 5TB's streaming an uploading the stream highlights to YouTube.

Short answer :

It won't be feasible to stream 1080P 60FPS with low-end hardware like that.

And why do you get that capture card? Plan to stream console games or am I missing something.

-He says he has a high end rig that runs the games fine, so yeah you're missing something.

-8600k with gtx1060 is enough to stream, but is irrelevant

-Being a newcomer has nothing to do with streaming, if he has the hardware to do it he'll be fine.

-Yes, the streaming PC doesn't necessarily need a dedicated GPU

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Being a newcomer has nothing to do with streaming, if he has the hardware to do it he'll be fine.

Yes, but wasting money into something that you won't a return in unless you really invest into it. aka quit your job, quit school, etc.

If he's not already made a fanbase or earning money off of it, why invest more in something you don't know you will actually follow through in doing or earn money off of.

A dedicated streaming PC is for the viewers benefit, if he's not partnered, streaming at 1080p 60fps will hurt his viewer base, as some with bad wifi or on their phones will not be able to watch him.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

@MrShinny 

Ok.. so i am a little bit confused for the GPU thingi.. I’ll probably keep the i5 8600 and change the mobo.. but is there any requirement for GPU because as i sad ill only be using this pc for streaming.. So i dont actually know what is the use of GPU in this pc as ill be getting the display from the capture card.. and about the capture card- the capture card should go inside the streaming pc as the hdmi from gaming pc will go to the hdmi 'in' of the capture card inside the streaming pc.. or i am having the wrong information?

@Sfekke 

is this enough for gaming or would you like me to upgrade?

MSI GTX 1080 Ti

Aorus z370 Gaming 5 mobo

Intel i7 8700k 

Tridentz 32Gb at 3200 MHz 

NZXT KRAKEN x62 CPU Cooler 

1 hour ago, Tanmay994 said:

@MrShinny 

Ok.. so i am a little bit confused for the GPU thingi.. I’ll probably keep the i5 8600 and change the mobo.. but is there any requirement for GPU because as i sad ill only be using this pc for streaming.. So i dont actually know what is the use of GPU in this pc as ill be getting the display from the capture card.. and about the capture card- the capture card should go inside the streaming pc as the hdmi from gaming pc will go to the hdmi 'in' of the capture card inside the streaming pc.. or i am having the wrong information?

You seem to not understand what a capture card is.

That tells me you are not fully ready to start streaming full time.

Look you need to know every little tidbit you can because competition is fierce!

I'd advise you to do this :

Think long and hard why you wan't to stream games.
If the answer ends up being "Play the games ofc" then chances of you getting ROI are 0%.

6 minutes ago, Tanmay994 said:

@Sfekke 

is this enough for gaming or would you like me to upgrade?

MSI GTX 1080 Ti

Aorus z370 Gaming 5 mobo

Intel i7 8700k 

Tridentz 32Gb at 3200 MHz 

NZXT KRAKEN x62 CPU Cooler 

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but yes that'd work, but cost a lot of money.

You could spend a lot of money on this and regret it later, or start with what you have and see if you like it.

By the way you explain things to me I can tell you've never actually streamed 8 hours a day for 7 days.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

On 8/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, MrShinny said:

I'm not sure you know what he is saying, are you?

I run an 8600, I've streamed for 3 months with this CPU and a GTX1060, it is a total pain in the rear. (Before that I had a better system that died at the worst possible timing)

If you actually want usable quality that 8400 will get you exactly nowhere, artifacting (block forming) left and right and frame drops all over the place. 

What still isn't clear to me is, does OP already have a PC since I'm still not sure what he means with "Dedicated streaming PC" will another system handle the games or not?

Sidenote,

quickly looked up Shinny's Twitch channel and it shows the artifacts every time there is major screen movement, in a casual game like Fortnite.

Look I get it we all want to give each-other a pat on the back and say "It'll all be fine" but it won't, streaming requires planning and a lot of cash to invest to keep going in the long run.

Look take it from a guy that was on the verge of minor success but thanks to a dwindling mental state and pc hardware/financing issues had to quit.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

@Sfekke

not being sarcastic at all mate..

just wanted to ask if this would work..

i understand what you have just told..

thanks for being so Informative..

thank you once again ✌?

I have a gaming pc.

And wanted to dedicate another pc for streaming only..

the spec which i wrote i.e 1050ti and i5 8700 are the specs for encoding stream only..

so now you can explain if any thing is left..

11 hours ago, Tanmay994 said:

@Sfekke

not being sarcastic at all mate..

just wanted to ask if this would work..

i understand what you have just told..

thanks for being so Informative..

thank you once again ✌?

I have a gaming pc.

And wanted to dedicate another pc for streaming only..

the spec which i wrote i.e 1050ti and i5 8700 are the specs for encoding stream only..

so now you can explain if any thing is left..

Well if you just plan for it to stream,  you wouldn't need the graphics card.

An Intel i5 8600 will be mighty fine, just make sure to pick up a PCI-Express ELGATO to capture the HDMI signal off of you gaming PC.

RAM wise 8GB's should be plenty.

If you want to record the stream while it is live that is a whole other story, but I advise you to download it from the Video Manager on Twitch.TV after it is over, just make sure not to include copyrighted audio or it'll be a mute stream.

In short :

Intel i5 8600 

Aircooler like the Noctua NH-D15 to keep the chip running at max speed

Motherboard with 2 PCI-Express slots (So ATX) and at least 5 USB ports to allow for future expansion

No graphics card

8GB's of DDR4

A trustworthy power supply

A case that can house it easily and provide adequate airflow to run 8+ hours straight

That will be great to run a stream using OBS with video captured from your current gaming PC.

60FPS 1080P on the FAST preset will work.

Make sure you select parts not prone to failure, I made that fatal mistake and ended up on square one.

Anyhow hopefully you get an audience, and remember it isn't about the game it is about you (unless you play competitive)

Important sidenote:

If you where to use an AMD CPU, like a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 you'd need a graphics card.

Intel's chip the 8600 comes with a built in iGPU, she ain't much but hey it can put out an image.

AMD doesn't have that in their Ryzen chips, at least not the ones you'd be looking at (there are options with integrated graphics)

Keep this in mind, AMD is cheaper but you'd end up needing to buy a graphics card.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*