Need Help With Asus Adaptive Vcore

Go to solution Solved by RedxYeti,

So I seem to have gotten it more to how i want it.

Adaptive seems to take a few liberties when it goes to turbo mode (which is what its for). for me, i had set it to 1.05 and it was around 1.08 so I upped it to 1.06 and added an offset of .005.

Now its just about perfect. It maxes at about 1.0912.

I guess i suggest starting .03-.04 less than you found stable and booting to windows to see what your vcore is at turbo and adjusting from there.

So ive looked around a good amount but cant really find a straight answer on how this works

ive gotten my cpu stable at 1.09v at 3.9ghz

from what I understand youre supposed to put that into the "additional turbo mode cpu core voltage" box but when i do that my voltages go up higher than that (not by a lot but enough that i could add 1 or 2 mhz)

just wondering how i can make it so the max is at 1.09

Edit:

Adaptive seems to take a few liberties when it goes to turbo mode (which is what its for). for me, i had set it to 1.05 and it was around 1.08 so I upped it to 1.06 and added an offset of .005.

I guess i suggest starting .03-.04 less than you found stable and booting to windows to see what your vcore is at turbo and adjusting from there.

If you find out you'll probably be the first. I've heard a million different things through youtube and sites. An Asus guy on the ROG forum had a nice write up but it didnt work as expected.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

damn, well ill keep at it. i have a 5960x with okay cooling. the 3.9 gets it to 80c but im almost never at 100% load so having a constant voltage doesn't make much sense

1 hour ago, Vigilante505 said:

If you find out you'll probably be the first. I've heard a million different things through youtube and sites. An Asus guy on the ROG forum had a nice write up but it didnt work as expected.

i updated the op if youre interested