Ubuntu not detecting Corsair Glaive RGB mouse

I recently installed Linux on my desktop and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my mouse to work. I've been having to navigate everything completely via keyboard. I have tried updating anything I can, and even updated my kernal to the latest version and still nothing, and I can't figure out how to get the corsair software installed either which I'm not even sure will help my case. I would really love to get this working because Windows 10 has been causing me many problems since my last update so I'm planning on switching to Ubuntu full time if I can get this mouse to work. Any and all ideas to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

Yeah, i have had problems with my corsair peripherals on linux machines as well. There are no drivers and i know you are talking about a mouse but this should still be relevent. I would return th mouse if you can and buy a generic mouse.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Yeah, i have had problems with my corsair peripherals on linux machines as well. There are no drivers and i know you are talking about a mouse but this should still be relevent. I would return th mouse if you can and buy a generic mouse.

Thank you for the link. Oddly enough, I haven't had a single issue with my keyboard (A Corsair K70 Lux RGB W/ Cherry MX Brown) it's just the mouse that's not working. I sadly cannot return it. I purchased it a few months back during a refurbished sale directly from Corsair. 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:21 AM, CPU_bot said:

I recently installed Linux on my desktop and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my mouse to work. I've been having to navigate everything completely via keyboard. I have tried updating anything I can, and even updated my kernal to the latest version and still nothing, and I can't figure out how to get the corsair software installed either which I'm not even sure will help my case. I would really love to get this working because Windows 10 has been causing me many problems since my last update so I'm planning on switching to Ubuntu full time if I can get this mouse to work. Any and all ideas to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

You need to install this: https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next

if (c->x86_vendor != X86_VENDOR_AMD)

setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);

On 8/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, CPU_bot said:

Thank you for the link. Oddly enough, I haven't had a single issue with my keyboard (A Corsair K70 Lux RGB W/ Cherry MX Brown) it's just the mouse that's not working. I sadly cannot return it. I purchased it a few months back during a refurbished sale directly from Corsair. 

I've been OK with a corsair scimitar on all distro's - mind you that's a few years old now so it's possible recent iterations are the issue.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:27 AM, Firewrath9 said:

look at this. https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next

She/Her