Seeking Seriously Detailed and Professional help for my weird and stupid questions.

Hey guys, I need some advice on some components that I have, I’ll probably go in detail so this will probably be a long post. 

I have a parts list here that I’ve been working on for like a year now, it’s been so long just because I haven’t had the oppertunity to buy and use the PC yet, but I’ve worked on it for a long time.

Asus Prime Z370-A

Intel Core I7-8700K

Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti 11GB 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x 8GB 3600Mhz

Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Case

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM

EVGA SuperNova G3 750W PSU

Notes:

- I am going to upgrade my RAM from 16GB to 32GB later in the future. I am unsure wether I should go for 3600Mhz or if 3000Mhz is enough. I mean in the sense of overkill, since this system is very high end already.

- I wish to know if my Be Quiet DRP4 Cooler will result in my RAM sticks potentially being blocked simply because the cooler is too big. 

- I am going to buy the Two-pack of the Corsair ML140 Pro’s RGB’s, and a Single ML120 since the Two Pack comes with a Fan Hub and a Lighting Node Pro. I am going to buy seperate (Fractal Design or Corsair) Fans for the front that are NON rgb because I don’t like the RGB shining through the front mesh. I wish to know wether the Fan Hub I get with the Corsair Pack lets the NON RGB fans run together with the RGB fans, without compromise on the RGB controllability of the fans through the software on the PC.

- I wish to know if Corsair ML120/140 RGB fans, and the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro’s need a different software, or if they are compatible with ASUS AuraSync. (Or if you can just tune both of the RGB without many problems) 

- I wish to know if I can add an RGB LED strip, (or multiple idk) and what the Lighting Node Pro exactly does. 

- I wish to know what custom cable sleeves people generally buy, and the names of the cables. 

- I wish to know what you, the person reading this, has to say in terms of advice towards this build. 

This is my first build, but I’ve really done almost all of the research I can, and these are questions I really couldn’t find a clear answer on. I currently don’t have a PC and I’ve never built one before, so I don’t know how exaclty how cabling works. If I end up finding another problem or question I’ll add it as a comment to this post. 

I Thank all of you who have took their time to read and study what I’ve said, and have been kind enough to help me out. I am sorry the post had to be this long! Thanks once again.

The RAM sticks seem to be as tall as my Patriot sticks which fit just barely under my Dadk Rock Pro 2. The DPR4 has the same RAM clearance. 

Whether you should pick 3200MHz or 3600MHz depends on how big the price difference is. 

So you’re saying the clearence for my components are also barely enough? Will I even be able to see all 4 RGB sticks though considering they’ll be like rgb and stuff I don’t want them to get all covered up lol. I guess I’m only using 2 for now though so I should be fine? What do you think

Price difference between the two is around €15-25, it’s not that bad I’ve seen it make a difference of like 5 frames on benchmarks (i think thats on 1080P though)

Dark Rock Pro 4 has improved memory clearance, it has no issue with tall memory modules like G.Skill Trident Z, so Corsair Vengeance should be no problem.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/ is an interesting read and presents some decent data measuring relative memory performance. It appears that anything above DDR4-2666 CL14 is going to result in less than 4% performance improvement. 

Thing is, DDR4-2666 CL14 is pretty expensive so sometimes faster memory is actually a better value.

Evga G3 psu apparently have some issues and are noisier than some competition. Consider instead a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold or Corsair RMx model.

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB and ML120/ML140 RGB fans are not compatible with Aura Sync. Corsair iCUE software can be used. Not sure it would be worth getting Vengeance Pro RGB memory modules as the Dark Rock Pro pretty much covers the entire memory area on LGA1151 motherboards.

Lighting Node Pro supports up to 4 compatible LED strips and up to 6 compatible RGB fans. In this context I believe compatible essentially means Corsair.

The Meshify C TG includes two stock fans. Use those in the front. They can be connected directly to the motherboard and controlled through its fan utility. If you want to connect them through the Lighting Node Pro (to control through iCUE), you'll have to check out the documentation at https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-LINK/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW.

Cablemod.com is the most widely known 3rd party psu cable provider. It has alternate cable sets for all major brands of psu. Evga and Corsair also offer alternate cable sets for some psu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.