Android ATC Engineer Certificate. Worth it ?

hello everyone,

iam currently studying for my Android ATC engineer certification and would like some opinions about the certificate, is it worth it ? and can i get a solid job and earn good money with it.

so what you guys think ?

any and all opinions are more than appreciated.

thank you all :) 

I don't know any jobs that need Android ATC.

Most android development jobs only required you to have java knowledge.

If the job you're purposing need that certifications then go for it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I don't know any jobs that need Android ATC.

Most android development jobs only required you to have java knowledge.

If the job you're purposing need that certifications then go for it.

thanks for your reply. but why this certification exists ? i mean yes of course you need to know java to complete the course, but the certificate it self is worth it ?, or is there other more powerful ones? 

P.S it cost alot of money to get the certificate 

2 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

thanks for your reply. but why this certification exists ? 

In my opinion: To make the company money that provides it.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

In my opinion: To make the company money that provides it.

so what is the best cert to have for android development ? iam doing the android ATC engineer certificate and it is a world wide recognized certificate by the way.

certifications is a plus, i never saw any companies that requires it.

as long as you showed them that your a good developer, you'll be fine.

most companies look for experience. why don't you just build a couple of apps to show how good you are.

i know it cost a lot, you might just get a scorm certifications which are highly demanded.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

certifications is a plus, i never saw any companies that requires it.

as long as you showed them that your a good developer, you'll be fine.

most companies look for experience. why don't you just build a couple of apps to show how good you are.

i know it cost a lot, you might just get a scorm certifications which are highly demanded.

yes i know, but to pass the interview you have to show papers . can you suggest any certificates that are good ? thanks 

errr. not really. if i look for a good programmers i would ask how many programs / apps made.

invest your time making such programs.

i would choose the ones with more apps than the one with certifications with no experience at all.

ask any good programmers that you know of that have such certifications, i would say none.

certifications are meaningless.

But if you really want to take them i suggest Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).

1 hour ago, OCD-FREAK said:

yes i know, but to pass the interview you have to show papers . can you suggest any certificates that are good ? thanks 

No need to get a certificate just to pass the interview. You can proof your knowledge with past projects you did (apps,...)

It really depends on what you are going for. My opinion: Bigger companies prefer certificates and degrees while smaller campanies generally speaking not.

Certificates are good to have for two reasons:

1) It's third party validation that you know the things you claim to know. I could tell the interviewer that I am great at android development even though I know nothing about it. However, if I can prove it, with a cert, grades from a uni, a portfolio of projects etc then you become more credible. 

2) It makes you stick out in a positive way. I think a lot of younger people think that if you learn what is needed for a job, then you will get it. In reality, getting a job means that you proved yourself to be better than all the other candidates, including those who might be overqualified. 

If you are the only one out of 20 people applying for a job that has a cert, you will stick out. 

If an employer has to pick between 2 people that are identical in all areas except one has a cert and the other doesn't, the certified person gets the job. 

4 hours ago, OCD-FREAK said:

hello everyone,

iam currently studying for my Android ATC engineer certification and would like some opinions about the certificate, is it worth it ? and can i get a solid job and earn good money with it.

so what you guys think ?

any and all opinions are more than appreciated.

thank you all :) 

Not specific to your certificate, but as someone who has looked at people, I don't take a golden view of certificates as some. There are many places that are just certificate mills, or just train people to pass a test, without proof of actual experience. 

So I look at a certificate as "Good" but only in light of additional experience to prove out the work. I look at a degree as "Good" for the fact that it requires a person to commit to something, apply themselves and finish something. I always recommend some form of job experience in addition to the certificate and/or the degree, so Internship, or something similar is highly valuable. 

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

No need to get a certificate just to pass the interview. You can proof your knowledge with past projects you did (apps,...)

It really depends on what you are going for. My opinion: Bigger companies prefer certificates and degrees while smaller campanies generally speaking not.

yes, agree with you. for example i have MCSa - LPIC-1 and CCNA and iam looking forward to get the Android ATC engineer certificate and CEH, and also planning on upgrading all the certificates i have to an expert level. so what do you think ? in my opinion i think that having MCSE - CCNP and Lpic-2 with CEH and Android ATC engineer certificate is like having a degree 

37 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Certificates are good to have for two reasons:

1) It's third party validation that you know the things you claim to know. I could tell the interviewer that I am great at android development even though I know nothing about it. However, if I can prove it, with a cert, grades from a uni, a portfolio of projects etc then you become more credible. 

2) It makes you stick out in a positive way. I think a lot of younger people think that if you learn what is needed for a job, then you will get it. In reality, getting a job means that you proved yourself to be better than all the other candidates, including those who might be overqualified. 

If you are the only one out of 20 people applying for a job that has a cert, you will stick out. 

If an employer has to pick between 2 people that are identical in all areas except one has a cert and the other doesn't, the certified person gets the job. 

yes, agree with you. for example i have MCSa - LPIC-1 and CCNA and iam looking forward to get the Android ATC engineer certificate and CEH, and also planning on upgrading all the certificates i have to an expert level. so what do you think ? in my opinion i think that having MCSE - CCNP and Lpic-2 with CEH and Android ATC engineer certificate is like having a degree 

There is a certificate for that? ?

I guess now they have a certificate for everything. I say only get it if it actually teaches you a thing or two. What you know and what you've done are much more important than what a piece of paper said you did and know. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, OCD-FREAK said:

Seems like you're just getting a bunch of certs in different stuff. Any idea what you want to do?

Also having a CCNP but no networking experience is typically frowned upon.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Seems like you're just getting a bunch of certs in different stuff. Any idea what you want to do?

Also having a CCNP but no networking experience is typically frowned upon.

how do you know that i dont have network skills? and thats not having different certificate in different areas! they all contribute to one another , like if i want to be a system administrator (which iam ) i need to know both windows and Linux, but android is for me to find a job as a part time. but dont know why you guys like to but some one down and close all doors!

12 hours ago, OCD-FREAK said:

how do you know that i dont have network skills? and thats not having different certificate in different areas! they all contribute to one another , like if i want to be a system administrator (which iam ) i need to know both windows and Linux, but android is for me to find a job as a part time. but dont know why you guys like to but some one down and close all doors!

The heck you are talking about? I doubt you are gonna have the energy to pursue so many things at once, some of which don't mix well together  bjust because beverything binvolves back  computer doesn't mean they are related. Pick a particular one you like and stick with it. 

15 hours ago, OCD-FREAK said:

Nope. College computer science degree  or engineering degree is not about teaching you Linux, Microsoft, or Android app development. In fact, no college degree does. Get certificate only if it helps you attain a goal. No point in getting ones that are simply irrelevent. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

The heck you are talking about? I doubt you are gonna have the energy to pursue so many things at once, some of which don't mix well together  bjust because beverything binvolves back  computer doesn't mean they are related. Pick a particular one you like and stick with it. 

Nope. College computer science degree  or engineering degree is not about teaching you Linux, Microsoft, or Android app development. In fact, no college degree does. Get certificate only if it helps you attain a goal. No point in getting ones that are simply irrelevent. 

so in your opinion, which is more valuable and gets me good job, having multiple associate certificate like MCSE -LPIC-2 - CCNP - CEH - Android ATC Engineer  OR  a College degree ? 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:09 AM, OCD-FREAK said:

so in your opinion, which is more valuable and gets me good job, having multiple associate certificate like MCSE -LPIC-2 - CCNP - CEH - Android ATC Engineer  OR  a College degree ? 

Having a college degree doesn't necessarily means you are better off than those without. Everyone's fortune varied. Some might not have a degree or certificate but because he knows a thing or two about computers, his country's economy is booming or is growing a dot com bubble, and he just happens to be in the right place at the right time like say in a town where suddenly a bunch of IT related business have open up and qualify IT professionals are literally no where to be found, then his opportunity will be very good even without certification. 

It all depends on your local job market. You may want to relocate if you truly wish to purse such careers. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Having a college degree doesn't necessarily means you are better off than those without. Everyone's fortune varied. Some might not have a degree or certificate but because he knows a thing or two about computers, his country's economy is booming or is growing a dot com bubble, and he just happens to be in the right place at the right time like say in a town where suddenly a bunch of IT related business have open up and qualify IT professionals are literally no where to be found, then his opportunity will be very good even without certification. 

It all depends on your local job market. You may want to relocate if you truly wish to purse such careers. 

i've seen alot of guys get really good careers and great salary too just by having Computia A+ and MCSA only.

iam planning to get 10 certificates strictly in 2 years time.

8 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i've seen alot of guys get really good careers and great salary too just by having Computia A+ and MCSA only.

iam planning to get 10 certificates strictly in 2 years time.

Do these certificates helped you so far? If not, then don't double down on them.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Do these certificates helped you so far? If not, then don't double down on them.

honestly i got many many opportunities just with the Computia A+ only. i started working with computers since the age of 10 iam 21 years old now. i understand computers and laptops like people by now LOL 

Honestly you're wasting your time. The certificates you're going after aren't all that desirable and after a few years of not using them as good as worthless especially after getting unrelated certificates on top.

Decide what you actually want to do, find a recognised educational course, complete it and get a job in that area. I lead a team of 5 for a FTSE 100 company and regularly interview software engineers, show me actual work experience any day!

5 hours ago, OCD-FREAK said:

honestly i got many many opportunities just with the Computia A+ only. i started working with computers since the age of 10 iam 21 years old now. i understand computers and laptops like people by now LOL 

let me repeat, have they helped you so far? if not, then you may wish to reconsider getting more or double down the ones you already have. Same advice if you wish to go for college degrees. If the bachelor turns out to be useless, what makes you think getting a master will help? 

No, you can be a Microsoft expert but all that means is that you understand how to use Windows, that's it. You are a computer user expert, not a computer expert. If I tell you what is going on in a processor and what the computer is actually doing, you won't understand any of it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

14 hours ago, Brenz said:

Honestly you're wasting your time. The certificates you're going after aren't all that desirable and after a few years of not using them as good as worthless especially after getting unrelated certificates on top.

Decide what you actually want to do, find a recognised educational course, complete it and get a job in that area. I lead a team of 5 for a FTSE 100 company and regularly interview software engineers, show me actual work experience any day!

so you are saying that MCSA - LPIC-1 - CCNA is not recognized? and what do you mean by they will be useless few years later? i know people that have been using these certificates for 10 years.