Dell PowerEdge t410 will not boot on 2 cpus

Hello out there, I have now bought a new cpu for my gaming server system. Every time I want to boot the server, I do not get any post. Both cpues works in cpu slot 1 and can post and boot but when both are in I cant.

Things I have tried.

·         Update bios

·         Update Idrac

·         Different ram types (normal ddr3 and ecc memory)

·         Clear nvram

·         Tried different amount of ram

·         Disable raid controller

·         I have checked the steppings on the cpues (both are the same)

·         Checked the pins in the Socket (if they were bent)

cpues

2x Intel xenon E5520 2,26ghz

i got this error on the lcd panel in the front (E1410)

This may seem like a dumb question, but you're putting RAM in at least one slot for *both* CPUs, right? You're also not mixing RAM between the two CPUs?

Was the 2nd CPU socket known to be working before?

Exactly. Make sure the RAM config is identical between both CPUs. Also verify both CPUs are the same s-spec and stepping as the slightest difference between them can prevent them from working together.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

there is no mix between the ram there is 20 gb ram in cpu slot one and 20 gb ram on cpu slot 2. both cpues work fine in cpu slot 1. the steppings are the same. 

but it will still not boot

35 minutes ago, andreas702184 said:

there is no mix between the ram there is 20 gb ram in cpu slot one and 20 gb ram on cpu slot 2. both cpues work fine in cpu slot 1. the steppings are the same. 

And the socket pins are all in perfect condition on CPU socket 2? If so, then you might have a motherboard problem on your hands that has no fix.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

i have tried to put in a cpu in socket 2 and i will boot to bios (in sorcket 2) but the it says that i need a cpu in slot 1 to boot to windows (falut error cpu in sorcket one is missing)

so i do not think its dammaged.  

What kind of power supply is in the t410? Is it original? It's possible you have some sort of power delivery problem then.

43 minutes ago, andreas702184 said:

Why 20gb? That's not a common amount and seems to suggest you're mixing module sizes. Try with just a single ram stick in the smallest capacity you have and ensure you're populating the correct slots on both cpues (the manual should say which ones to populate). Is this ECC ram?

20gb is a weird number, do you mean 24gb or 16gb? Are all four banks full?

Also this guy said even though he had pins bent he was still able to boot with a CPU in slot 1, so take a picture with your cellphone and go over each pin to make sure none are bent...

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/R710-2nd-CPU-Install-E1410/td-p/4054311/page/3