My First Build - Parts List | (Opinions/Advice)

Here goes! I've been wanting to build a computer and I have a parts list, but I would like to get a second opinion on these parts to see if they could be improved upon or they are just right and if the system will bottleneck or not. I don't plan to do much heavy gaming, but I want to have the power to do so. The only games that would require the power would be Forza Horizon 3/4 and BeamNG.drive. I may want to play some CoD, but I don't see myself doing that right now. My budget is around $1000 (USD; without peripherals) but can be exceeded.

Main Parts:

Total: $894.92 (w/ Mail-In Rebate)

Total w/ Peripherals: $1114.89

Peripherals

Total: $219.97

Upgrades/Add-Ons

Total: $227.96

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for spending your time to read my post and feel free to change parts! (Keep in mind, the part prices are based off of Amazon. So some parts may be more expensive with your own findings)

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

Looks good, but if you wanted to save some money you definitely don't need the AIO. Wraith coolers do well already.

Peripherals: Stop. Now remove all the razer products. In the past few years there have been increasing posts about the quality of razer products going down, so I recommend finding something else.

Upgrades: Highly recommend getting hard drive when you buy the PC instead of it being an upgrade.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

7 minutes ago, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Looks good, but if you wanted to save some money you definitely don't need the AIO. Wraith coolers do well already.

Peripherals: Stop. Now remove all the razer products. In the past few years there have been increasing posts about the quality of razer products going down, so I recommend finding something else.

Upgrades: Highly recommend getting hard drive when you buy the PC instead of it being an upgrade.

Thanks! I will start looking into a different keyboard and mouse. Just afraid the Wraith coolers may not be enough, so that's why I have the AIO. I'll try and have the hard drive when I build it, and not as an upgrade. Again, thanks for the feed back!

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

It looks nice. I don't think you need Kryonaut, but it will help in achieving arctic-low temperatures, so your choice! :D I love your case choice, H500 and H500i cases look so modern and timeless.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

10 minutes ago, seoz said:

It looks nice. I don't think you need Kryonaut, but it will help in achieving arctic-low temperatures, so your choice! :D I love your case choice, H500 and H500i cases look so modern and timeless.

Glad to hear! Your build looks great! At one point, I had chosen an S340 for my build too. (I've been working on this list for about a month and I think I have it just right. Thanks for the comment!)

Using pcpartpicker.com and posting the permalink or [cc] build list here makes things easier all around.

I'd suggest a different, better psu. If the budget permits, SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply. Otherwise the Masterwatt listed below.

There is no real need for the Grizzly thermal compound. The stock cooler, as do all 3rd party coolers include compound.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 OC Video Card  ($274.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT - H500i (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $853.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 18:13 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

29 minutes ago, brob said:

Using pcpartpicker.com and posting the permalink or [cc] build list here makes things easier all around.

I'd suggest a different, better psu. If the budget permits, SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply. Otherwise the Masterwatt listed below.

There is no real need for the Grizzly thermal compound. The stock cooler, as do all 3rd party coolers include compound.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 OC Video Card  ($274.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT - H500i (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $853.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 18:13 EDT-0400

Thanks for the suggestion! I have gone ahead and added hyperlinks to my parts. I will make the power supply change on my real list (not on PC Part Picker.)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but could someone tell me if this system could bottleneck? It'd be really useful.

2 minutes ago, jakep0802 said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but could someone tell me if this system could bottleneck? It'd be really useful.

I don't see what difference it would make?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.